Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Space Shuttle Sim???

hi all,you sure agree that most of us here in the sim community are highly curious people who can

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

(in my best Eee-Orr voice)Already is one.Called X-Plane.Some worship it, some despise.Either way, got a pretty good Shuttle sim built in. Even got "round earth".EDIT: If you crave that "total experience", use X-Plane for the reentry, and Orbiter for the space flight. State of the art, I tell you what.Cheers,bt

Denis, you might also want to give Orbiter a look. It isn't just a shuttle simulater but may be something you can get into. Here is the website:http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.htmlA warning, I haven't tried this myself, but from what I've read, it is fairly accurate and not easy to learn.

>"A warning, I haven't tried this myself..."Well I have tried it (again) and on my TI4600 it is amazing. Scary good...looks like the old shots from Apollo.It also flys (simulates) very well. Designed by:Martin Schweiger, Ph.D. University College London Department of Medical Physics and Bioengineering 1st floor Shropshire House 11-20 Capper st. London WC1E 6JA United Kingdom ORBITER is a realistic space simulation using proper physics for the modelling of planetary motion, gravitational fields, free space and atmospheric flight etc. As such, it is more challenging to master than an arcade game - you should at least have some basic idea about mechanics and planetary motion to get the most from it. (A good intro can be found at JPL'sThese are amazing times!Cheers,bt

Oh what memories....I used to fly this a lot!I still have the package, and you're right about "almost every switch". In fact, one of the things in the box is an overview of all switches printed on a 2 X 1 meter paper...Unfortunately, the sim had a few bugs, not seriously, but annouying...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH