Everytime I am approching my destination, the sky becomes clear and almost all clouds disappear. Today it happend at about FL100 when approching Copenhagen/Kastrup (EKCH). The clouds came back when I was at about 4000 feet. I have clicked "Weather settings off” several times and use a free version of FSUIPC 3.98

Hi,Is it possible that you are seeing the visibility layer showing up in FS? Look at AS and see if the visiblity is less than 10SM. If it is, then this is what you saw.

Hi,Is it possible that you are seeing the visibility layer showing up in FS? Look at AS and see if the visiblity is less than 10SM. If it is, then this is what you saw.
Hi,The visibility was not less than 10SM. Today I made a flight to ESGG (visibility not less than 10SM) and i had a nice broken cloud layer in front of me as I was on the approach, but when I got closer (FL80-90) it disappeared and I was flying in clear skies with some clouds around me. The closest METAR report said BKN at about 4000 feet. But the clouds were back when on final.

Hi,Please go to the HiFi web site and download and install the latest Beta SP for ASE. This will get you to B593 and then see what your experiences are like.

Hi,Please go to the HiFi web site and download and install the latest Beta SP for ASE. This will get you to B593 and then see what your experiences are like.
Hi,I tried the new Beta SP B593 and I had a very nice BKN/OVC from middle of the climb, during cruise and down to FL135. I have never seen such a perfect cloud layer before! But when passing FL135 the sky went clear and closest metar report said SCT010 BKN013. I just had a few cloud formations around me. And this time the clouds did not come back. The metar at my destination said OVC040 but the sky remained clear even after landing.

I made another flight to the same destination as earlier today. I had a nice BKN/OVC layer a long time during the flight but when passing FL160 in the descent it disapeared and closest metar said BKN again. And the clouds didn't come back. Clear skies on final as well as after landing and destination metar reported BKN at 4000 feet. This service pack seems to have made an improvement when BKN and OVC is reported, but still almost all clouds disappear on approach and now they don't come back at all.

Hi,Reports/results using this beta should be sent to our support address at support(AT)hifisim.com.

Hi Jim,I have sent you an e-mail with my results, but the results are true for every version of ASE for me, not only for latest Beta SP. I have found that the sky goes clear every time a new station is reported as closest.What is causing this? I want to start flying and have fun instead of being frustrated of ASE not working during my flights.

Hi,We are not sure and we re-programmed some things in that latest SP Beta in an attempt to fix this. It only happens for some and not all the time.Is Use Local Range Suppression On and is your Suppression Ranges set at 200 miles in ASE?

Hi,We are not sure and we re-programmed some things in that latest SP Beta in an attempt to fix this. It only happens for some and not all the time.Is Use Local Range Suppression On and is your Suppression Ranges set at 200 miles in ASE?
HiYes, Use Local Range Suppression is set to On and range is at 200 miles. I have uninstalled ASE and deleted every file and folder related to it and now reinstalling and will report if I see any difference. Thanks.

For what it's worth, I have had similar visibility problems.You could try two things that seem to have worked for me:1) Always start ASE AFTER Flight Simulator and AFTER you have placed your aircraft at the destination airport.2) Check that you have Direct Weather Control and Visibilty Smoothing On in ASE.These may be nothing to do with it, but certainly I was loading ASE before FSX and since I've switched that around, I haven't had the problem to anything like the same extent.

ngxu_banner.png

For what it's worth, I have had similar visibility problems.You could try two things that seem to have worked for me:1) Always start ASE AFTER Flight Simulator and AFTER you have placed your aircraft at the destination airport.2) Check that you have Direct Weather Control and Visibilty Smoothing On in ASE.These may be nothing to do with it, but certainly I was loading ASE before FSX and since I've switched that around, I haven't had the problem to anything like the same extent.
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try that.

Jim,Just one question regarding weather updates. Should the message "ASE weather updated for X stations" only be vissible when ASE has downloaded a new weather update (every 15 minute for me) or between the download intervalls as well?

Hi,It depends on your In Sim text message setting in ASE. If On, then you should get notification whenever ASE updates stations even between downloads. If Off, then no messages.