Sign in to follow this  
Kraftyy

Just got the 747-8i

I just bought the extension and I'm having lots of microstuttering with the aircraft and my fps. Any other aircraft is 60+ including the 747-4. but the -8 is dropping me to 20 fps every 2 or 3 seconds for a split second causing my game to stutter

Hi Danny, I can't imagine getting 60+ fps on the 747-anything, but I'll take your word for it. There is nothing that I can think of that would make the -8 cause you problems of increased FPS. Perhaps something with the config manager went wrong. Run the config manager again and set the 747-400 (run as administrator via right click menu), load a flight and exit FSX. Then rerun the config manager (again as admin) and change it to the -8 and try a flight.The textures are larger in size but if you're getting anything close to the 60 fps with the queen then I am guessing your hardware is pretty new and elite for that matter :wink:I think something else may be causing a hiccup in your system causing this. Make sure FSX loads to a default plane the C172 (your saved default), then change directly to the -8 and see what happens. Let us know how you make out.*Only other thing I can think of is either a repair or reinstall of the -8.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

unfortunately none of those helped lol.It runs perfectly using any other plane but the 747-8. Does PMDG not support ATI 5xxx drivers?

Yes nothingI added a video so you could see the issue. It's not fraps causing it cause it does it when it's not frapsing too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rixxC9siyEE

Hi Danny, One thing I notice here is it looks like triple layers of cloud coverage which could bring even the best rig to its knees. What is you cloud draw distance set to? It looks like a lot. Also what scenery are you running there? Its hard to tell but looks like possibly photo based scenery in some parts.It could also be something outside of FS altogether that's running and spiking the CPU. Run it in windowed mode, stretch it the full size of your desktop (maximized but not full screen) and run task manager and watch your processes page. Click on the column for "CPU" so it toggles the "System Idle Process" on top. Now just keep an eye on this page right below the idle process. If something is spiking you'll see it appear then disappear and repeat, showing you a value as well in this column. Some anti virus scanners will cause this which is why I never run them, especially when simming but it can be anything. If it turns out to be "SVHOST" then you may need to reinstall windows since tracing which app causing it can take more time than its worth.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

For scenery addons I'm running REX2.0 (Everything maxed out on it lol) and aerosoft eddm mega airport. My cloud distance draw is set to the minimum amount. I run FSX in windowed but I'll check TM to see if any programs are spiking my cpu usage. I don't use anti-virus at all lol, Just good with computers so I know whats bad/good. I have malware bytes but that doesn't run in the background. But why would it do this for the 747-8 and not the 747-4?Here are my FSX Settings:http://img841.imageshack.us/i/settings1.jpg/http://img576.imageshack.us/i/settings2.jpg/http://img208.imageshack.us/i/settings3.jpg/http://img521.imageshack.us/i/settings4.jpg/http://img821.imageshack.us/i/settings5.jpg/

Yeah, I seem to forget that you stated this is only in the -8. Oh well, with any type of issue like this I always check for spiking anyway and go from there. I don't know what the -8 has for additional .ddl's running if any but maybe one isn't under [Trusted] in your fsx.cfg. You may want to do a quick test. Cut your fsx.cfg to your desktop and let FSX build a new one, then test. If the problem goes away, then simply go into your fsx.cfg and compare the lines under trusted. If they are the same and it still cleared up the problem then theres just something else in the fsx.cfg that is causing it. Perhaps bufferpools or something.

Dan Prunier

You also might want to sent in a support ticket.http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx

You also might want to sent in a support ticket.http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx
Where's the fun in that, Taylor? :(

Dan Prunier

Switching to DX9 seemed to fix the issue :S. Maybe the plane doesn't support DX10 or DX10 with HD5000 series cards?

Just finished reading your problem...Interesting how some have problems and others don't....For a computer I finally purchased the I7980X, Asus p6X58D Premium MOBO with 12GB of DDR3 from Kingston. The video is a GTX480X...I haven't put my latest Video on "YouTube.com" yet because I am still flying from KMIA to PANC, but some time tonight or tomorrow after landing, I will put in on "YouTube" under my call sign which is FDX183...I am flying the Boeing 747-8F at around FL320 at .841 mach...I usually use REX2 weather, but not today since I am typing on this 2nd computer...I use REX2 Simconnect to latch that program with FSX...Before I had problem running FS commander 8.0 and REX2 plus FSX running with all sliders to the right...After about 4 hours into the flight REX2 would lock up and freeze and this would cause a chain reaction of FSX locking up and the screen would turn "white."...After installing REX2 as described above, I can still run Fscommand and FSX with all sliders to the right....I have my FPS set at 20 which is very very smooth just like the real world if you were actually flying in the "real" aircraft...I can't believe what an improvement getting this machine for around $3800.00 did to my ego...I have been flying simulators for over 10 years starting with the black and white stick days to finally FSX which is ok, but I wish a group of software engineers would develop a program for the "future" of flight simulators and the fastern processors that are coming out on the market...Even with gaming there isn't too much software that can keep up with this I7980X....I suppose all there interest is in the X-Box and etc where the money can be produced...That is sad, but reality...I am very grateful to my dad who gave me the money for this machine. He passed a way a year ago at the age of 94. I am now 71 and still flying...hi My grandson will take over this equipment when I pass on hoping he will take up this interest..I think he is smart enough to be a real pilot, but I told him there was no money flying anymore, and you have to have the love of flying...Best of luck to everyone reading this post, and I wish all of you many blue skies...Robert AdamsNevadamy main point was going to say, I had the same problem trying to run DX10 switch in FSX...When I turned the box off all my problems disappeared....My processor I7 is hypertreading, I played around with affinity settings, but never could see the difference. I think it has to do with your video card, and amount of ram...I am also using a WD raptor drive with FSX and all the files on that drive...Bob

Bob Adams

I never thought of asking if Danny was using the DX10 preview. In itself the DX10 preview is quite broken, although there are several people that have worked through various tweaks to make it work for them. I tried them a while back and never saw what others did but they might be worth looking up. Some of my minor addons don't work in DX10 preview such as my follow me car, nor does the progresive scan markings to find the runway if you use that. I don't think any of the tweaks ever got that working but for me that was the main reason to stay away from it. Perhaps someone can post a link to the way to tweak it. I remember it being a lot of steps and not any one link was available when I tried it, rather I had to try many things. That too made it not worth it for me.

Dan Prunier