Sign in to follow this  
Guest bjornkeizers

Can't get rid of blurred textures in windows 2000

Hello all,I was forced to reformat my drive two days ago because of a partitioning gone bad. I was running windows XP before, and I've always had great textures with FS2004.Now, I installed Windows 2000 yesterday (I didn't get a CD with my laptop.. so can't reinstall XP) and I installed all my drivers, and today I thought I'd install FS2004I now have blurred textures all the time. Even when I turn everything to maximum. Even my add-on aircraft textures are blurred; whereas before I never had any problems with them. I'm running the following system:Packard Bell laptopIntel Celeron 1.2 ghz256 mb RAMSiS 630/730 video card, 16 mb ram with latest win2000 drivers (2002-11-14)Windows 2000 with all the updatesDirect X 9.0bI've tried everything: nothing worked. I did notice that when I press alt to pop up the menu, I suddenly get very crisp textures. I don't get them when I pause or fiddle with the settings (resolution, ground texture size, general texture size, aircraft quality)It might be because my drivers are older then the ones I had on Windows XP and therefore don't work as good, but I wanted to ask anyway. Anyone have a clue? Or am I doomed?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello all, I experimented a little further, and did manage to improve my textures a bit.I noticed some additional strange behaviour however: my aircraft and ground textures will show up OK (if still slightly blurred) when running in a window, but when I alt-enter to full screen - they're gone. Everything turns to grey and untextured. When I switch back to windowed, I get my textures back. When I maximize the window, I keep my textures. I am at the end of my rope. It must be a problem with the older drivers ... so I'm pretty much screwed I think. Suggestions?