Sign in to follow this  
MattM1121

Saitek Mixture (Y Rotation) not working.

Greetings Folks,I have the Saitek Yoke and keyboard throttle...er..I mean...the throttle addon. I have a dual boot system that I use for FS9 and FSX. They're on seperate drives and I use the BIOS to select the sim I want to use.On the FS9 install I'm using WinXP x86 and FS9 with the latest Saitek drivers from their web site. For some reason the Mixture control (Y Rotation) will not work in FS9. When I run the control panel the mixture registers just fine. FSUIPC doesn't register it either. When I boot into my Win7 x64 for FSX, the mixture works as expected. The only difference is that the WinXP has the drivers installed while the Win7 does not. But I'm hoping this isn't the issue.Has anyone run into this type of issue and successfully resolved it?BTW, my Yoke has the phantom view switching with WinXP. However, I haven't run into the problem with my Win7 x64 yet.Just FYIThanks,-Matt

Greetings Folks,I have the Saitek Yoke and keyboard throttle...er..I mean...the throttle addon. I have a dual boot system that I use for FS9 and FSX. They're on seperate drives and I use the BIOS to select the sim I want to use.On the FS9 install I'm using WinXP x86 and FS9 with the latest Saitek drivers from their web site. For some reason the Mixture control (Y Rotation) will not work in FS9. When I run the control panel the mixture registers just fine. FSUIPC doesn't register it either. When I boot into my Win7 x64 for FSX, the mixture works as expected. The only difference is that the WinXP has the drivers installed while the Win7 does not. But I'm hoping this isn't the issue.Has anyone run into this type of issue and successfully resolved it?BTW, my Yoke has the phantom view switching with WinXP. However, I haven't run into the problem with my Win7 x64 yet.Just FYIThanks,-Matt
The problems you are seeing are entirely down to the use of the Saitek software.Get rid of it and use Fsuipc, there is nothing the Saitek software can do that can't be done better in Fsuipc.

The problems you are seeing are entirely down to the use of the Saitek software.Get rid of it and use Fsuipc, there is nothing the Saitek software can do that can't be done better in Fsuipc.
AOK. Does anyone know how to get rid of the drivers? When I right click the HID/USB Saitek device in "Device Manager" there is no "Delete" option. Thanks,-Matt

AOK. Does anyone know how to get rid of the drivers? When I right click the HID/USB Saitek device in "Device Manager" there is no "Delete" option. Thanks,-Matt
Use of the Saitek drivers is fine and will not cause you any issues. Use of the Saitek programming software (SST software) will cause issues. If you have the SST software installed, uninstall it.

Use of the Saitek drivers is fine and will not cause you any issues. Use of the Saitek programming software (SST software) will cause issues. If you have the SST software installed, uninstall it.
Ok, that much I've done. It's odd. I can go into the FS9 Controller Assignments, select the "Mixture Axis" and the "Y Rotation" is detected when I move the mixture lever. Then the "Y Rotation" is set. But once back in the sim FS9 and FSUIPC just don't see it registered. This is really frustrating.

The only way I could resolve this was to use the FSUIPC "Axis Assignment" funcationality. Once I hit "Rescan" button and moved the mixture axis FSUIPC registered the movement. I then assigned that to the mixture control.It's just odd that I've never had to do this before. Thanks for the help.-Matt