Sign in to follow this  
1kris007

737's HUD in action

I'm not sure if this video was posted here before, but it features the Heads Up Display of a 737-800 landing at LAX. I think it's quite spectacular that PMDG simulated this, GO PMDG!

That's sweet, Kristoff! I can't wait to play with the hud color (if possible like in fighters).What's that metal scrape sound? Is it the trim I've been hearing a lot about recently? I never flew the 737 so have no idea.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Wow, that is awesome, can't wait to play with that in zero vis:rolleyes:

Yes that sound is the trim wheels. Very distinctive sound. Gave me a fright the first time i heard it, and had the wheel spinning dangerousley fast centimeters from my right leg!

Thanks Tim! Yeah I can see that sound rising some concern haha. Now I see why there was a recent post about removing that sound. That's actually the only thing that made me guess that's what it was. It is a tad annoying, isn't it :(

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

May be a tad anoying but is realistic. I want to feel like I'm flying a real 737 when I use this new addon and the little sounds are what add to the imersion I really hope pmdg include these sounds

I agree, if it's just the noise when I (Key word being "I") add trim then that's fine, but if when the AP/AT is on if there is the same rapid effect that FSX does with the throttle shimmering to where all you here is constant trim adjustments from start to finish due to FSX bugs, then that would be very VERY unrealistic. Which is what I am referring to. I'm sure PMDG will include them but just in case I will have my Adobe Soundbooth ready! :(

Dan Prunier

Great vid!!! :( wasen't that sound the spoilers servo on the throttle quadrant deploying from the auto position? I would love to see a low vis. approach with the hud to see the runway tracking down to minimums.Edit. the motorised trim does make a funny "shhhhhikuuuh shhhhhikuuuh" sound when used in RL!I have several 737 (World airroutes) vids and that thumb trim can sure make some noise!!

I can't wait to play with the hud color (if possible like in fighters).
Anyone know if that is possible? I have never seen anything but a green HUD on the 737. In fact on any HUD. LOL Big%20Grin.gif
Gave me a fright the first time i heard it, and had the wheel spinning dangerousley fast centimeters from my right leg!
Be careful and make sure the handle is fully stowed at all times... it might break your leg (so I have been told). :(:(sig.gif

Anyone know if that is possible? I have never seen anything but a green HUD on the 737. In fact on any HUD. LOL Big%20Grin.gif
It is possible, as I mentioned "In the fighters", I don't know about airliners. This will be my 1st hud experience in a commercial jet. I imagine they have even more options than the military though.

Dan Prunier

I'm not sure if this video was posted here before, but it features the Heads Up Display of a 737-800 landing at LAX. I think it's quite spectacular that PMDG simulated this, GO PMDG!

Great vid champ. Bit like the space shuttle sim - approaching the HAC - keep the circle in the square!

Has PMDG said yet if the HUD would be only available in 2D or if we will be able to use it from within the VC view? The recent feelthere EMB 175/195 release only allows a 2D view and the horizon HUD ref is totally off.

Eric 

Has PMDG said yet if the HUD would be only available in 2D or if we will be able to use it from within the VC view? The recent feelthere EMB 175/195 release only allows a 2D view and the horizon HUD ref is totally off.
It should be available in the virtual cockpit mode, PMDG did promise to show us how it would look in both the 2D and 3D views.

Thanks. I imagine in vc view it would have to fixed in some sort of way and the end user would need to adjust seat height accordingly. Big question is at what view zoom level will be the default they use. If someone uses a zoom of .80 vs 1.00 the horizon ref. point in the HUD view will be off (a zoom of .60 is needed on the EMB 175/195 for the HUD to display correctly).

Eric 

Very good video, but I'm missing two things:1.- After the "approaching minimums" call, we can hear "runway in sight". After the "minimums" call, shouldn't we hear "continue" or "landing"?, but nobody says anything.2.- Curious that such an important airport has no PAPI or VASI, well, I can not see them.