Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Straight coastlines and loss of rivers

Due to a technical problem I had to UN- install UT Canada/Alaska and UT USA on FS2004. I uninstalled them with with the "add /remote" programs method, which might have been the incorrect method. After the uninstall I notice that all of my "coastlines" were straight line, square or right angled and (at least) some rivers were missing ( Red River at Shreveport, La and Mississippi River at New Orleans). I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO REINSTALL FS2004 !!!! I have too many hours involved to get it to the state that it is in. How can I correct these "coastline/river" problems WIHOUT reinstalling FS2004. I have FS2004 on two differant other computers inwhich I could copy the required files from if necessary.What files are required and where do they go? Please advise. Thanks jerrycwo4

Due to a technical problem I had to UN- install UT Canada/Alaska and UT USA on FS2004. I uninstalled them with with the "add /remote" programs method, which might have been the incorrect method. After the uninstall I notice that all of my "coastlines" were straight line, square or right angled and (at least) some rivers were missing ( Red River at Shreveport, La and Mississippi River at New Orleans). I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO REINSTALL FS2004 !!!! I have too many hours involved to get it to the state that it is in. How can I correct these "coastline/river" problems WIHOUT reinstalling FS2004. I have FS2004 on two differant other computers inwhich I could copy the required files from if necessary.What files are required and where do they go? Please advise. Thanks jerrycwo4
Hello JerryDid you restore the FS2004 scenery using the Ultimate terrain setup tool before you uninstalled?Reinstall Ultimate terrain , the choose restore FS2004 scenery then after this is done you can uninstallUltimate terrain.What you have done by uninstalling UT before doing this step is removed all of the UT coastlines, your sim now has no coastline bgls's to display.All of your original coastlines are in the various directorys under \sceneryrenamed as .xxx.The UT setup tool will rename these back to .bgl for you and ONLY then can you safely uninstall UT

Due to a technical problem I had to UN- install UT Canada/Alaska and UT USA on FS2004.
Hope you get your coastlines resolved jerrycwo4. Please keep us updated re your technical problem (CTD) once UT is uninstalled.RJ

"Did you restore the FS2004 scenery using the Ultimate terrain setup tool before you uninstalled?"Answer: No. I didn't remember about the "Ultimate terrain setup tool". I just uninstalled Both(1) USA and (2) Canada/Alaska with the Devise Mgr, "ADD-Remove Programs". Your correct I have NO Coast lines and/or Rivers.Do I need to REINSTALL Both UT USA and UT Canada/Alaska Fs2004? Does it make a differance which one I reinstall first? Please advise and THANK YOU so much for your reply !!!! jerrycwo4

doesn't matter in which order,as long as you remember to restore the FS2004 defaults before uninstalling.

Thanks for the reply and info. I did re-install UT2004 USA and I now have the coastlines and rivers back. I either now have "double coastlines" are there are roads running near and/or in the water. I am not going to address this problem right now. I'm having my Flight Sim computer updated and I will address this problem after that is completed. Note : I just finished viewing the UTX USA slideshow http://files.100megabyte.com/ultterrain/UtxUsaDemo.pdf and was TOTALLY blown away. Wow, What a differance !!! It will be my first purchase after I get my computer back. I had to originally uninstall UT2004 USA because after about 50-65 minutes of flight I got the dreaded "OOM" error. In 12 years of Flight Simming I had NEVER had this problem until AFTER I install UT2004 USA and Canada/Alaska. After I uninstalled the USA FS2004 would NOT bootup. It would freeze at about 50% of texture loading. By luck, I then uninstalled UT2004 Canada/Alaska and then FS2004 would load/boot up, BUT without shorelines and/or rivers. I did reinstall UT2004 USA but without the streetlight textures. I'm thinking or hoping that was part of the problem. This morning I finished a 1 1/2 hour flight WITHOUT the OOM error. At present I have 4 GB of memory but soon I'll have 6 GB. That might also help. Thanks for the help with this problem. jerrycwo4