Sign in to follow this  
out

UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme v2

Heads-up, guys!Gary Summons has released a second version of his EGLL Xtreme today.Here are the main changes compared to version 1 (quoted after Gary):- T5C added, new T5c stands added, including new A380 tripple jeyway stands- T5B and T5A, changes to models+new buildings.- Heathrow East, start of building work, old 'G' stands closed.- Terminal 2 closed, parts demolished.- Terminal 1, parts demolished to make way for Heathrow East.- Old BA hanger demolished, now is a large pakring area.- New frontage to T4, New Qantas departure lounge and A380 stands.- New lighting system added.- New ground textures.- Heathrow taxiway layout changes. (biggest job of all!)- New better designed AFD files.- and hundreds of others changes and improvements, far too many to list!For the owners of version 1 (like me, tada) there's only a 5 GBP upgrade fee.To be honest I didn't even know Gary was working on it (since January as he says).AES does not support v2 yet, but it will soon.PS Lol, looks like I'm changing into an AVSIM Tweeter. First Gibraltar, now this... :(

Thanx Rafal ! :(

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Heads-up, guys!Gary Summons has released a second version of his EGLL Xtreme today.Here are the main changes compared to version 1 (quoted after Gary):- T5C added, new T5c stands added, including new A380 tripple jeyway stands- T5B and T5A, changes to models+new buildings.- Heathrow East, start of building work, old 'G' stands closed.- Terminal 2 closed, parts demolished.- Terminal 1, parts demolished to make way for Heathrow East.- Old BA hanger demolished, now is a large pakring area.- New frontage to T4, New Qantas departure lounge and A380 stands.- New lighting system added.- New ground textures.- Heathrow taxiway layout changes. (biggest job of all!)- New better designed AFD files.- and hundreds of others changes and improvements, far too many to list!For the owners of version 1 (like me, tada) there's only a 5 GBP upgrade fee.To be honest I didn't even know Gary was working on it (since January as he says).AES does not support v2 yet, but it will soon.PS Lol, looks like I'm changing into an AVSIM Tweeter. First Gibraltar, now this... :(
Thanks - got it.DJ

Cool! :( still have to purchase this one as I have the aerosoft/simwings version which I highly doubt will get upgraded like the uk2000 version.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I have the aerosoft/simwings version which I highly doubt will get upgraded like the uk2000 version
I own both and always prefered (and used) the UK2000 one, even before the upgrade. :( But, of course, each to their own...BTW I recommend Tim Faithfull's free addon of 'Myrtle Avenue' (I'm sure you guys know that spot) which perfectly Matches Heathrow Xtreme.It's a beta version, but very mature, available here at the library as 'myrtleavebeta.zip'.

BTW I recommend Tim Faithfull's free addon of 'Myrtle Avenue' (I'm sure you guys know that spot) which perfectly Matches Heathrow Xtreme.It's a beta version, but very mature, available here at the library as 'myrtleavebeta.zip'.
I did not know this add-on...I surely will try it...:)...but unfortunately with the "basic" AFCAD rwy 27L is used just for takeoff...could you suggest some others files that make the 27L suitable for landing?ThanksFrancesco

Cool! :( still have to purchase this one as I have the aerosoft/simwings version which I highly doubt will get upgraded like the uk2000 version.
I wonder if it's worth it. I had the old UK2000 Heathrow, got the Aerosoft one when it got out. Then knew about Xtreme and now this version 2, certainly sounds hard to resist and it's a modest price.Hmmm...:(

Mike...

Just installed v2 and it looks great. FPS are not an issue on my machine. Also, remember to uninstall the scenery from the FS9 Scenery Library, then uninstall via Control Panel before doing the v2 install.

I own both and always prefered (and used) the UK2000 one, even before the upgrade. :( But, of course, each to their own...BTW I recommend Tim Faithfull's free addon of 'Myrtle Avenue' (I'm sure you guys know that spot) which perfectly Matches Heathrow Xtreme.It's a beta version, but very mature, available here at the library as 'myrtleavebeta.zip'.
Thanks Rafal I had now idea about Myrtle Avenue. :(
I wonder if it's worth it. I had the old UK2000 Heathrow, got the Aerosoft one when it got out. Then knew about Xtreme and now this version 2, certainly sounds hard to resist and it's a modest price.Hmmm...:(
Hi Mike you can always try the demo version out. I bought the egll from aerosoft/simwings at that time since the uk2000 version wasn't out yet. but but from trying the demo of the uk2000 version it seems to me like the better scenery detail and frame rates were also better.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Hi all. I just installed Heathrow Airport v2 and made a flight from London city airport following the Thames river west to Heathrow and found that there are now many many buildings including bridges that are nowhere near where they should be. Does anyone else have the same problem??...........John

Hi Mike you can always try the demo version out. I bought the egll from aerosoft/simwings at that time since the uk2000 version wasn't out yet. but but from trying the demo of the uk2000 version it seems to me like the better scenery detail and frame rates were also better.
I've checked out the demo, it looks great. Trouble is, Sim-Wings have now confirmed a big update will be coming in 2011. Sure, I could get Xtreme V2, but there are many other sceneries about to come out, KBUF, LEBL, etc... Still need to get KDFW, so I think I'll wait for the SW update.:(

Mike...

I've checked out the demo, it looks great. Trouble is, Sim-Wings have now confirmed a big update will be coming in 2011. Sure, I could get Xtreme V2, but there are many other sceneries about to come out, KBUF, LEBL, etc... Still need to get KDFW, so I think I'll wait for the SW update.:(
Hello Mike I'm in the same boat as you I didn't want to spend the extra cash on a scenery I already own thanks for the heads up thats good news.John, I have no clue as I run a different scenery from aerosoft/simwings did you post this at the uk2000 fourm?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Hello Mike I'm in the same boat as you I didn't want to spend the extra cash on a scenery I already own thanks for the heads up thats good news.John, I have no clue as I run a different scenery from aerosoft/simwings did you post this at the uk2000 fourm?
Thanks for your reply mate. The problem is solved, something I should have done and had not lol..........John

Hi there,I too have Aerosoft Heathrow and ideed, Myrtle Avenue!Yesterday I replaced it with UK2000 HeathrowV2. Far superior, and retained Myrtle Avenue.I had a problem installing at first using WinZip 14.1 but after extracting with XP`s Compressed File (thanks to Gary at UK2000) it went seemlessly.Dave
What about FPS of this new version?
I get 29.9 with a limit of 30 set !Dave