Sign in to follow this  
jwenham

Using Afcads

I have over time seen this issue repeatedly when using AFCADS that I have gotten from the library, here is what I am seeing:Recently added a downloaded AFCAD from the library here for KORD. The set of files included 2 options for the runways 1 with CW and one without as well as a object file and a file that stated that it removes the autogen around the airport. I install as per instructions and what I get are stutters/scenery flashes and autogen spiking. If I remove the files the problem is gone. I have also seen this at KPDX and KTPA using downloaded AFCAD's. Well, after thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that when I use these AFCADS with all the other files (OBJ/autogen removal files, ect) is when I see these problems. Other AFCADs I have downloaded that only have 1 BGL file do not cause this problem. If it matters at all I am using the Standard FSX (no deluxe or Acceleration) Does anybody else see this as well?Regards, Jim

Jim Wenham

I have over time seen this issue repeatedly when using AFCADS that I have gotten from the library, here is what I am seeing:Recently added a downloaded AFCAD from the library here for KORD. The set of files included 2 options for the runways 1 with CW and one without as well as a object file and a file that stated that it removes the autogen around the airport. I install as per instructions and what I get are stutters/scenery flashes and autogen spiking. If I remove the files the problem is gone. I have also seen this at KPDX and KTPA using downloaded AFCAD's. Well, after thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that when I use these AFCADS with all the other files (OBJ/autogen removal files, ect) is when I see these problems. Other AFCADs I have downloaded that only have 1 BGL file do not cause this problem. If it matters at all I am using the Standard FSX (no deluxe or Acceleration) Does anybody else see this as well?
No, have never seen this, but as a rule I don't separate out the objects when compiling an airport. I did at first, but after a while didn't see any value added. There will always be the possibility that a second bgl file for the terrain is needed and there is no way to combine that with the airport bgl.The only thing I can think of is that there might be objects placed that only exist in Deluxe or Accel, but in that case I think they are just ignored and it shouldn't cause a performance problem.scott s..

I have over time seen this issue repeatedly when using AFCADS that I have gotten from the library, here is what I am seeing:Recently added a downloaded AFCAD from the library here for KORD. The set of files included 2 options for the runways 1 with CW and one without as well as a object file and a file that stated that it removes the autogen around the airport. I install as per instructions and what I get are stutters/scenery flashes and autogen spiking. If I remove the files the problem is gone. I have also seen this at KPDX and KTPA using downloaded AFCAD's. Well, after thinking about it I have come to the conclusion that when I use these AFCADS with all the other files (OBJ/autogen removal files, ect) is when I see these problems. Other AFCADs I have downloaded that only have 1 BGL file do not cause this problem. If it matters at all I am using the Standard FSX (no deluxe or Acceleration) Does anybody else see this as well?Regards, Jim
IIRC the Standard edition of FSX doesn't have the SDKs included, perhaps they are needed for these AFCADS to work. I note that some authors are very specific about where the supplementary files are to be placed I suggest that you recheck the installation instructions.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I think I have got it worked out. I noticed in another thread that UT USA/Canada have updates for them both. When reading thru some of the documentation about the screnery layering in FSX I noticed that I had a few of them out of order. So I painstakingly went thru it item by item and the end result was that I do not see the issue I was having earlier at least for my KORD AFCAD I downloaded. I think the sequence of my addon scenery in conjunction with having the proper UT sequence has fixed it. I am going to test the others I had issue with and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback guys!Jim

Jim Wenham