Sign in to follow this  
morningdj

Ultimate Terrain Question

Just installed Ultimate Terrain and GEX. Small airports appear on top of roads and subdivisions. Please help.

Just installed Ultimate Terrain and GEX.  Small airports appear on top of roads and subdivisions.  Please help.
Do you have a PIC?  What you are seeing may be normal.  Not sure if REX textures would cause the problem.Here is the Scenery DB order that Jeff over at  simforumsrecommends.  Did you install UT Alaska?  UT Europe AirportsUT Canada AirportsUT USA AirportsUT FSX WaterclassUT FSX Object RepositioningUT Alaska MeshUT Alaska RoadsUT Alaska RailroadsUT Alaska CitiesUT Alaska WaterUT Europe Ground PolygonsUT Europe StreamsUT Europe WaterUT Europe RailroadsUT Europe RoadsUT Europe LightingUT Canada Ground PolygonsUT Canada StreamsUT Canada WaterUT Canada RailroadsUT Canada RoadsUT Canada LightingUT Usa Ground PolygonsUT Usa WaterUT Usa RailroadsUT Usa RoadsUT Usa LightingUT Landclass - Custom (Europe only)UT Landclass - CustomUT Landclass - UrbanUT Landclass - VegetationUT Exclusions For Default Sceneryjja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Do you have a PIC?  What you are seeing may be normal.  Not sure if REX textures would cause the problem.Here is the Scenery DB order that Jeff over at  simforumsrecommends.  Did you install UT Alaska?  UT Europe AirportsUT Canada AirportsUT USA AirportsUT FSX WaterclassUT FSX Object RepositioningUT Alaska MeshUT Alaska RoadsUT Alaska RailroadsUT Alaska CitiesUT Alaska WaterUT Europe Ground PolygonsUT Europe StreamsUT Europe WaterUT Europe RailroadsUT Europe RoadsUT Europe LightingUT Canada Ground PolygonsUT Canada StreamsUT Canada WaterUT Canada RailroadsUT Canada RoadsUT Canada LightingUT Usa Ground PolygonsUT Usa WaterUT Usa RailroadsUT Usa RoadsUT Usa LightingUT Landclass - Custom (Europe only)UT Landclass - CustomUT Landclass - UrbanUT Landclass - VegetationUT Exclusions For Default Sceneryjja
I see UT Europe Airports but no Canada or USA Airports. Where/how do you get that?

Jim Wenham

Guest firehawk44
Just installed Ultimate Terrain and GEX. Small airports appear on top of roads and subdivisions. Please help.
I hope you ran the UTX Config tool before starting FSX! Plus, UTX should be layered just above propeller objects in the Scenery Library in the same order as installed by the developer. After you move the items down in your scenery library, you might have to manually fix your "working" scenery.cfg as Areas/Layers will not be sync'd. With this method of placing UTX lower in priority in your scenery library, any subsequent commercial or scenery addon will override the UTX settings but, if you have UTX loading after your addons, then the problem as you are seeing will appear or you'll have anomalies.Best regards,Jim

Ultimate Terrain corrects the locations of roads, rivers, and other bodies of water. As most small GA (more so with private/farm) airports are INCORRECTLY located based on ESTIMATED locations and headings, there are a great many that will interfere with roads... some are more than a mile misplaced, some cross roads, some extend into lakes and rivers, some cross canyons. The only fix is to look for a corrected version uploaded, or fix them yourself; I fix the ones that matter to me and ignore the rest.Loyd

I see UT Europe Airports but no Canada or USA Airports. Where/how do you get that?
I believe they are part of the 1.4 update.http://www.scenerysolutions.com/ut_downloads_FSX.html"UT USA AirportsI've got the other 31 but don't have that entry??  No UT USA Airports listed in my FSX scenery folder or scenery.cfg. Disregard...didn't know there was a  UTUSA 1.4 patch that includes the airport entry."jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

WOW, didnt know either about the updates. I was current with EURO but nor USA or Canada. Its getting harder and harder to keep up with all the updates.

Jim Wenham

WOW, didnt know either about the updates. I was current with EURO but nor USA or Canada. Its getting harder and harder to keep up with all the updates.
Yea I need to do a few updates also.  One always assumes that the downloads from F! include the patches but not the case with UT products.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz

Thanks for the heads up on 1.4 I had missed that patch

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.