Sign in to follow this  
mhlarsen

FO flows

It seems to me that the FO is actually performing his Cockpit Prep Items (Page 25) during his Turn Flow (Page 27).Is this correct?Michael

It seems to me that the FO is actually performing his Cockpit Prep Items (Page 25) during his Turn Flow (Page 27).Is this correct?Michael
Hi Michael,Assuming you're not fast forwarding the time down too fact, the FO will do his cockpit setup well before you call for the Turn Check... and this is assuming you're doing the Turn Check at the time suggested in the manual.Also, the FO's turn check flow only consists of two items: Checking Oxygen and Weight and Balance. I did however decide to put the Oxygen test sound in the Cockpit setup procedure, so you're correct on that point.Cheers,

Hi Michael,Assuming you're not fast forwarding the time down too fact, the FO will do his cockpit setup well before you call for the Turn Check... and this is assuming you're doing the Turn Check at the time suggested in the manual.Also, the FO's turn check flow only consists of two items: Checking Oxygen and Weight and Balance. I did however decide to put the Oxygen test sound in the Cockpit setup procedure, so you're correct on that point.Cheers,
I have tried this a couple of times now and I still get the FO's Cockpit Preps during the Turn Check Flow.1. I use no Fast Forward.2. I call Turn Check exactly 9 min. before departure.3. I have also tried setting Landing Elev earlier, but no difference.Among other tests performed by the FO, the GPWS test is clearly heard.

I have tried this a couple of times now and I still get the FO's Cockpit Preps during the Turn Check Flow.1. I use no Fast Forward.2. I call Turn Check exactly 9 min. before departure.3. I have also tried setting Landing Elev earlier, but no difference.Among other tests performed by the FO, the GPWS test is clearly heard.
Are you re-loading the aircraft after the first leg or something? If you are, don't do that.Also ensure you're completing the Shutdown checklist.The code is setup so if you do a 2nd leg, the FO will not perform items that are done on the "first flight day only".

Are you re-loading the aircraft after the first leg or something? If you are, don't do that.Also ensure you're completing the Shutdown checklist.The code is setup so if you do a 2nd leg, the FO will not perform items that are done on the "first flight day only".
This is the first and only flight of the day.

Did another flight today and after the Oxygen Test, the FO started the Cockpit Prep items right after at the 17 min. mark.

Did another flight today and after the Oxygen Test, the FO started the Cockpit Prep items right after at the 17 min. mark.
I'm looking at the code as I type this...The FO will perform his cockpit setup flow at + 17 minutes.You'll know when he's performing his flow because you'll see an + symbol behind "Turn" on the FS2Crew Main Panel. The FO will perform his oxygen test 7 seconds after he starts his cockpit setup flow.There's nothing wrong with him doing it early.Cheers,

I'm looking at the code as I type this...The FO will perform his cockpit setup flow at + 17 minutes.You'll know when he's performing his flow because you'll see an + symbol behind "Turn" on the FS2Crew Main Panel. The FO will perform his oxygen test 7 seconds after he starts his cockpit setup flow.There's nothing wrong with him doing it early.Cheers,
Hi Bryan,Ok, I had a closer look at the manual and Checklist time sequences.The manual says that you should complete the Cockpit Prep prior to 15 min before departure.The manual also say that Turn Check should be called around the 9 minute mark.The manual suggests that the Clearance Brief could be started no later than 10 min. before departure.Ideally then Clearance Brief should be called somewhere between 15-11 min. prior to departure.I have called it at 19 min. prior to departure and this seems to be too soon for the FO to finish his duties.

Hi Bryan,Ok, I had a closer look at the manual and Checklist time sequences.The manual says that you should complete the Cockpit Prep prior to 15 min before departure.The manual also say that Turn Check should be called around the 9 minute mark.The manual suggests that the Clearance Brief could be started no later than 10 min. before departure.Ideally then Clearance Brief should be called somewhere between 15-11 min. prior to departure.I have called it at 19 min. prior to departure and this seems to be too soon for the FO to finish his duties.
The J41 version of FS2Crew is fairly flexible... it's much more flexible than the older version. Everything doesn't need to be done exactly to the second.Don't get too hung up on the timing... just call for the Turn Check after the FO has completed his Turn flow and you'll be okay.Cheers,