Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

Reno National Championship Air Races 2010

Every year I post this-its just part of the tradition.If you have never attended it then i strongly recommend you do. It is the wild wild west at its best. Sept 15-19 (Thurs-Sunday)As some of you know RSR has a plane and team that race a T-6 texan- wich was a valuable asset to the military during WWII and beyond.But whats really cool is you can go into the pits and get up close and personal with RSR. -sometimes Ryan is there too. All the while F-16 from the snowbirds ( Blue Angels usually every other year), P-51'S, Corsairs, T-6 texans etc ,and various small jetted aircraft whiz past you as fast as possible around a plyon marked oval track- and there are lots of stunts. Then you got modern civil and military aircraft on display that you can crawl around in. www.airrace.org- or just google reno air races for more info and prices etc.Last year RSR took first in his class. Pretty proud moment for the guy...and well deserved.hope to see y' all there.

Peter Osborn

But whats really cool is you can go into the pits and get up close and personal with RSR. -sometimes Ryan is there too.
lol - guys, I was there once, last year, that was it. Paul Gollnick has way more to do with this than I do, he's there every year actually helping with the maintenance on the plane.Unfortunately RSR was telling me that the races are in serious financial trouble - the city of Reno had to float them cash this year and it's sort of sounding like the event may not continue past this year.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sad to hear that they sound good. Shame I can't attend. Can't afford to fly across the pacific at the current timeWon't let me edit for some reason-pmdg could probly fund the race from ngx sales, and still be Filthy rich! ;) $$$$

I saw this post and it and it kind of intrigued me. Hopefully if they keep the races going I can bundle some money up and make the trip from colorado to see the races in the next few years. I noticed that PMDG sponsors this maybe? Notice the logo on this page at the bottom http://www.racingt-6.org/gallery.html What does Robert not do? hehehe (runs for LT. governer, an airline pilot, runs a airplane developer company, and now helps out a racing t-6 team?) Also a long the same lines, I went to my first air show today and had a blast. Seeing F/A-18s and F16s flying past with after burners and sound a second or 2 behind the plane was amazing. (Top fuel dragsters are louder in my opinion but it could be because you are closer to them)