Sign in to follow this  
kparrish1

side-by-side configuration

Help does anyone know how to fix the side-by-side configuration error? I never heard of this one and I thought I heard of them all! thanks keith

Hi,That is from SimConnect and SC is in your WindowsSxS folder.You can start by working back uninstalling FSX until you are at your base install and then work forwards re-installing.

Guest firehawk44
Help does anyone know how to fix the side-by-side configuration error? I never heard of this one and I thought I heard of them all! thanks keith
Jim's idea of uninstalling FSX may work but I strongly believe it is an issue with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable libraries which developers use for proper installation of programs. Your system may not be fully up-to-date. In Nick N's excellent guide on setting up FSX and tuning it (http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic29041.html) para 6, he recommends updating this library to the latest and greatest as updates have been issued since Acceleration was released. Some programs also use the dotnet framework to install their programs and that should be installed on your system too (google: dotnet). Once these programs are installed, FSX should be properly configured and the error should go away. I would install the redistributables plus the dotnet framework then try a repair of FSX. Just remember to "repair" SP1 and SP2 too. Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim

Thanks for the help. I installed a system backup. That got rid of the side by side error. But I had other errors and could not get fs to run. So uninstalled fsx and all my addons. Now it works but I guess I will spend today reinstalling all the addons. I still don't know what caused the problem. I had all the fs since fs4. That is the first time I had that error. The good news is I wanted to move fsx to another drive anyways :( thanks again keith