Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

EZ Scenery and Rwy12 Objects

Is there an easy way to determine which objects are for Rwy12 and which are for EZ Scenery in a static object library? The reason that I'm asking is that over the years I've found that I've mixed up both versions of objects in one of my static object libraries. The other day I installed a scenery and mistakenly thought that it would use an EZ Scenery version of an object which was updated from a Rwy12 object. Needless to say, the scenery didn't find the EZ Scenery version and I discovered that I needed to have both objects in separate libraries on my system.So in lew of reinstalling every static object that I have, I would really love to know if there is a way to determine if an object belongs to EZ Scenery or if it belongs to Rwy12. Please advise and thanks!Mark

Is there an easy way to determine which objects are for Rwy12 and which are for EZ Scenery in a static object library? The reason that I'm asking is that over the years I've found that I've mixed up both versions of objects in one of my static object libraries. The other day I installed a scenery and mistakenly thought that it would use an EZ Scenery version of an object which was updated from a Rwy12 object. Needless to say, the scenery didn't find the EZ Scenery version and I discovered that I needed to have both objects in separate libraries on my system.So in lew of reinstalling every static object that I have, I would really love to know if there is a way to determine if an object belongs to EZ Scenery or if it belongs to Rwy12. Please advise and thanks!Mark
I have always kept my RWY12 and EZ libraries separated into two individual library entries and am not aware of any way to identify the differing bgl files.That being said, David Grindele has put together two packages of the objects which you can download from Flightsim.com. The file names are EZ_1.zip and Rwy12_1.zip. Both contain all of the available library objects for each "style" as of 04/18/2010.While the files are rather large, it would be an easy way to get each library separated.Hope that helps.

Boy, that's cool. I know the other libraries that I need to install and those two packages will save me a whole bunch of grief. Thanks Opa!Mark

Boy, that's cool. I know the other libraries that I need to install and those two packages will save me a whole bunch of grief. Thanks Opa!Mark
Just another thought.......EZ bgls will almost always have an associated txt file while RWY12 bgls will not. The bigger problem would be separating the texture files.But that may be moot if you use the two packages I mentioned.

A couple points on object libraries.I looked at Mr. Grindele's packages a few months ago and don't remember the specifics. However I do remember that there are many object libraries not included in his offerings, so calling them all-inclusive is a bit of a stretch. He also includes many files that have nothing to do with object libraries. Nor does he address the original errors in the 3-part RWY12 libraries.Also, as you look for/work with object libraries you will find several of the RWY12 libraries that were "converted" for use with EZ-Scenery. All that needed to be done for the RWY12 libraries to work with EZ-Scenery was to add the associated .txt document. Actually, the libraries worked fine without the .txt doc, it just makes it easier.Instead of simply adding the .txt doc, the libraries were re-compiled (probably with LibraryCreatorXML) which gave all the individual objects new GUIDs.Long story short, you need to have both object libraries (RWY12 and EZ-Scenery-style) active to help insure you see all objects correctly. As an example, add_dwag_hangers.BGL and ez-hangers.bgl both contain the exact same 3D models and use the exact same set of textures. However, the GUIDs, the reference numbers for the objects, are different in the 2 files. Lastly, and most importantly, you do not need to have a copy of the object library in each addon's scenery folder. In fact it is highly recommended that you only have one copy of each object library in your FS setup. Time and time again, people have reported issues of having gray, texture-less objects that have been caused by having multiple copies of object libraries, some without all the textures.Hope this helps.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif