Sign in to follow this  
Guest bmwr1100rt

Ariane Poor Service/Maybe Rip-Off

Guest bmwr1100rt

I bought the 737-700er for FSX two weeks ago. After mulitple emails to Ariane requesting an update on when I will get the download link, I am convinced they maybe in some sort of financial trouble. Their response has been that they have to verify with the bank that processed the transaction.Well they got my $120 for the product and now I have no product and no idea if or when I will get what I paid for.I suspect a refund will be out of the question as well because if they can't verify the transaction they will claim I never paid for the product. The transaction is shown with my local bank.I suggest avoiding these folks at all costs. Wait for the FSX PMDG 737

I suspect a refund will be out of the question as well because if they can't verify the transaction they will claim I never paid for the product. The transaction is shown with my local bank.
Talk to your bank. Depending on the card used and legislation where you live they may be able to block the payment.

I bought the 737-700er for FSX two weeks ago. After mulitple emails to Ariane requesting an update on when I will get the download link, I am convinced they maybe in some sort of financial trouble. Their response has been that they have to verify with the bank that processed the transaction.Well they got my $120 for the product and now I have no product and no idea if or when I will get what I paid for.I suspect a refund will be out of the question as well because if they can't verify the transaction they will claim I never paid for the product. The transaction is shown with my local bank.I suggest avoiding these folks at all costs. Wait for the FSX PMDG 737
Ops normal for them I'm afraid.

I know Visa does provide protection against these sort of things.I did have an issue where I did purchase something online and never received the products. I contacted Visa and they credited my account and then went after the company for it.Regards,

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Guest stevehow

these things do happen,unfortunately for this company it is too often for me.we all know the history of Ariane,so i'm not going to go into it for the 1000th time.i would suggest to anyone purchasing anything from the internet,not just FSX addons to research the company 1st.in my case if i buy an fsx addon it is from tried and tested companies likePMDGREXHIFISIMREALAIRQUALITYWINGSGEXUTXEZCAall these companies have one thing in common...they all have great support forums and support staff,the key to solving a problem.sorry if i missed anyone. steve

Ariane has been known to be slow at times on the customer service end of things. Ariane purchase transactions are done through RBS World Pay and you should have received a receipt immediately upon purchase. Did you provide your receipt info to Ariane? The same receipt info is required in order to activate your product. Receiving product activations is another story and can require a bit of patience and time. Hope you get it sorted one way or another.

The Ariane company should write a book titled "How to frustrate and alienate your customers to the N'th degree". Avoid this company at all cost. They will never get another .01 from me. I don't care if they develop the newest and best addon. I refuse to conduct any business with them.

I was very disappointed about the actual quality of the software I bought but I never had any problems contacting the company or getting those download links to receive my product. Even the activation went fine although they state that it could last some days. Took me just 2 hours or so. Even reactivation after a fresh install: flawlessSo you might want to check if the transaction went right and give the guys at Ariane some proof for this.We and they are all human beings that make mistakes and I can't support the theory about "financial problems" because to let a customer download something that's already produced isn't much of a cost, if any. We're talking about 200MB or so.As I said, in my eyes the buy was absolutely overpriced but at the time buying, the PMDG was so far away so I just did it (got some livery packs too).I must admit that I "hate" those "they ripped me off" like threads, shouting towards community to help them because most of the time the actual mistake could have been discussed in a friendly manner ("rip-off" isn't that friendly).If you're into selling stuff to people (I am) you'll soon discover that every mistake a customer discovers is one of yours in their eyes. Some give you a chance to reconstruct events and therefor help them, others instantly go up to 100% and start to blame the nearest person: In this case, the seller :)In every conversation there's a fact level and an emotional one - the emotional one now is destroyed now so good luck.

these things do happen,unfortunately for this company it is too often for me.we all know the history of Ariane,so i'm not going to go into it for the 1000th time.i would suggest to anyone purchasing anything from the internet,not just FSX addons to research the company 1st.in my case if i buy an fsx addon it is from tried and tested companies likePMDGREXHIFISIMREALAIRQUALITYWINGSGEXUTXEZCAall these companies have one thing in common...they all have great support forums and support staff,the key to solving a problem.sorry if i missed anyone.You missed 2 of the best, EagleSoft and Flight1 ! steve

Jay

You missed 2 of the best, EagleSoft and Flight1 !
Personally I would rate those head and shoulders above any other vendor I have come across. The 30 day money back offer means that you can buy with complete confidence, and Eaglesoft's attitude where if you don't like the product they don't want your money is a refreshing change. I just wish more vendors would follow their lead !! Then again that would make my credit card take a bit of a pounding !! LOL.gif G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Guest stevehow
Personally I would rate those head and shoulders above any other vendor I have come across. The 30 day money back offer means that you can buy with complete confidence, and Eaglesoft's attitude where if you don't like the product they don't want your money is a refreshing change. I just wish more vendors would follow their lead !! Then again that would make my credit card take a bit of a pounding !! LOL.gif G
sorry about missing eaglesoft,never bought anything from them.flight1 i bought GEX and UTX plus loads of other stuff as well.so big heads up to FLIGHT1 another top company. steve

If you bought the 737-700er 2 weeks ago and still have not heard from Ariane here is the forum address http://ariane.havetofly.com/.Please post your problem and I am sure Ariane will take care of it. I think that Araine has great 737's and they will be getting better in the future.Their 737-700er is by far their best 737 model with a lot of features that other 737 models do not have. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

If you bought the 737-700er 2 weeks ago and still have not heard from Ariane here is the forum address http://ariane.havetofly.com/.Please post your problem and I am sure Ariane will take care of it. I think that Araine has great 737's and they will be getting better in the future.Their 737-700er is by far their best 737 model with a lot of features that other 737 models do not have. JeffG
Although I think the iFly 737 matches it very nicely, certainly the FS9 Ariane aircraft. With the PMDG 737NG coming soon, Ariane will end up last, I fear. I do not wish to see them going down, but I fear that this is what will happen. They don't seem to keep up really well with the rest, simply...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have just bought on Monday the B700ER and my experience is as follows:- The online payment system that Ariane uses (RBS, Royal Bank of Scotland) does not accept all cards (or some banks refuse to work with them, I am not sure) so some cards are rejected, however no payment is charged when the card is rejected. I tried with a different card and it worked flawlessly- After I bought the plane the activation took less than 24hours and, again, it worked flawlesslySo, regardless of whatever opinions people have about the quality of the Ariane products, payment and activation, at least in my case, work perfectly well.I would suggest that you check your card payment log, I strongly suspect that the card was rejected and no payment charged

Holey Moley!! $120.00 for a flight simulator addon aircraft? Man, that must be some airplane. For that kind of money, I hope you get it worked out.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals