Sign in to follow this  
Guest bmwr1100rt

Ariane Poor Service/Maybe Rip-Off

I gave up from Ariane when they began to sell this so called 700er. This is a big DISRESPECT to the people (Including me) that bought the 700 before the "ER" thing. The 700 had many bugs (Don´t have even liveries and a outdated fmc for years now), CTD´s and much more that will not be corrected. This ER thing should be a update to the 700. But even this is paid! I already asked for this things in the forum, only to see my topic deleted and promises after promises been gone to the limbo. I´m only using it because i didn´t have to reinstall my fsx and trying to put my money spent in this thing for use a bit more.Do a favor for yourself: Listen to the inumerous topics about the ariane way of do things ... AND STAY AWAY OF IT! After all they only have a 737. PMDG NGX is very near. Don´t waste your money.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

You might want to read the following closely also if you have purchased or anticipate purchasing the 700er.Quote"New Boeing 737 700er Update Pack - Due Soon to all 700er customersFollowing a longer than anticipated period of testing we can report today that the new Tech Update (700ERSP) has been moved from beta to RTM status. The new update will be install tested to ensure smooth installations for everyone. Following the success of those tests 700ERSP will be released. All those yet to purchase the new Boeing 737-700er have until the eve of the launch to take advantage of all the Tech Packs included in the special offer. After the update comes out that offer will end. For more news, click here" End Quote.This is copied direct from their website. Looks like after the launch (whatever and whenever that means), you'll have to pay for the tech packs. Upon reading what they are, seems to me that they should be included for the exhorbitant price (in US dollars). No thanks.(However, I could be wrong about the whole thing and it might be great.) :(

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I bought the 737-700er for FSX two weeks ago. After mulitple emails to Ariane requesting an update on when I will get the download link, I am convinced they maybe in some sort of financial trouble. Their response has been that they have to verify with the bank that processed the transaction.Well they got my $120 for the product and now I have no product and no idea if or when I will get what I paid for.I suspect a refund will be out of the question as well because if they can't verify the transaction they will claim I never paid for the product. The transaction is shown with my local bank.I suggest avoiding these folks at all costs. Wait for the FSX PMDG 737
Must be that new and improved sales and customer service stuff I read about some weeks ago. Don't waste your time with them. The NGX must be getting close to TOD soon. :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Dear Madame Dear Sir I have bought the Boeing 737-900 X together with the airline pack. This was 2 years ago. Unfortunately I have upgraded my computer several times since then. I have lost all email receipts including the email for the download links for service pack 1. However I have still the product files. I would like to fly this great product again(have not done so for more than a year). All I require is the download link for the service pack and of course a new activation key. I have no problem purchasing one as outlined on your product page. Please let me know what information you need all I can provide at moment is my name below and the time I bought the product. Thank you for your help Kind RegardsAnd here is Arianes responseThe problem will be that X is now out of date (and the service pack will not give you any access to the new version). The best thing to do is to buy the X2 version and that way you will then be able to enjoy all of the features of the new version also. We would like you to know that we do not provide upgrades because, it means new development and because we would have to pay for that work to be done, we considered it better to put all that work into a new product and add more.The new version also includes airlines with them.Thank you for your patience. Have a nice day.What nonsense is that. I was even tempted to pay the activation key which is now 12.50£. You can try Wilco, PMDG, Level-D and others were you can login into your account retrive keys or service packs and all for free. Well never Ariane again!!! I could still kick myself that I even bought a product from them.

1. Caveat Emptor2. Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it3. There's one born every minuteRegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

They might as well close their doors now that PMDG's NGX release is imminent! What a bunch of tossers. The videos from AoA simply blows the mind.

*sigh*This kind of stuff is pretty normal for Ariane. Needless to say, I never had trouble with their activation system, but you hear these complaints a lot. Anyway, I wouldn't know why you would anyway buy Ariane with the PMDG 737 NGX so close to release now and the iFly already released...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Ariane is a superb example for the influence of a policy on sales and, at least forum based, perception.I couldn't complain about the product itself for the most parts (missing nav data drove me nuts though), but placing hi priced things in a market and offering no cheap update paths for existing customers while suffering from some relatively negative support feedback isn't the best spot to choose.Although, critics aside, they are still there and they are also still enhancing their things. But I'd say that the worst thing to happen on the customer side is the fact that existing ones don't return, which may happen more frequently at Ariane than at other devs. Just assuming though.Ouch, Jim is sort of right there. :(

Are Ariane still going? Ive just bought the fsx 737-700er and can't get it to install. The activation tab comes up but with no activation drop down menu so I can't request activation. As far as I can tell, I have tried all the faq stuff on their site. (what a lot). I tried the support email they supplied on their order confirmation email but AOL return my mail saying that this address has fatal errors. This is de ja vu for me. I had a problems with them before but I understood they had new management so I tried them again. More fool me. PDMG have been promissing the new 737ng for a long time now and I suppose I've given up. Now I've said that, It will probably be released soon! It's a lot of money for me and my wife gave me stick for spending it. I suppose I did ask when she was rather busy!

Guest nzch2010
Are Ariane still going? Ive just bought the fsx 737-700er and can't get it to install. The activation tab comes up but with no activation drop down menu so I can't request activation. As far as I can tell, I have tried all the faq stuff on their site. (what a lot). I tried the support email they supplied on their order confirmation email but AOL return my mail saying that this address has fatal errors. This is de ja vu for me. I had a problems with them before but I understood they had new management so I tried them again. More fool me. PDMG have been promissing the new 737ng for a long time now and I suppose I've given up. Now I've said that, It will probably be released soon! It's a lot of money for me and my wife gave me stick for spending it. I suppose I did ask when she was rather busy!
It may be released next week ( PMDG) all going well. You done your money lad!! If I was you, I would take your good wife out for dinner, and over a pork cutlet, tell her you made a big boo boo, and you need to re-invest in another 737. Good Luck!!

I wish people wouldn't resurrect old threads that are dead and buried. I was thinking that the OP had only recently purchased that Ariane 737 until I noticed the dates on the posts :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

NECRO-posting... Drooling.gif

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Good News, Ariane did get back to me. They apparently had a server problem which caused the delay. So if you have the same problem, go to the Ariane folder in fsx and run the exe addtosimstart. That gave me my sub menu and thus Activation. So I'm up and running.Chris, that is what happens when you use the search engine and don't want to start a new thread on the same subject. The point being that Ariane are still alive and well except for a server problem.