Sign in to follow this  
Guest journeyer

Add-on Aircraft

Hello, Are you logged on your comp with administrator privileges? Perhaps logging on with a limited account may cause problems. Not sure if this helps at all but it came to mind. DonI should read more carefully.. Opa is correct... "You must go into that aircraft folder and find the folder named c182rg and copy it to your Aircraft folder."

Guest journeyer

Opa, I did do exactly as you did and found the aircraft folder in the download, yet it still did not show up. Drycos1, I am logged on with full administrative privileges and have the OS handy. The planes and helicopters do not show up in the menu when I go to select them. Something is definitely wrong and I have yet to figure out the puzzle, I will and I wish to convey my thanks to all for their suggestions and if anyone else has another idea I would be glad to entertain them. Thanks again, Peace.

Guest journeyer

Opa, I checked again just to make sure that the folder C182rg was installed in the main aircraft folder of FS9, it is and yet I still do not have it listed in the selection menu section of FS9. What should I do? Should I attempt another reload of the program and see if this will alleviate the problem of having add-on aircraft? If so, please let me know. Thanks again, Peace.

Opa, I checked again just to make sure that the folder C182rg was installed in the main aircraft folder of FS9, it is and yet I still do not have it listed in the selection menu section of FS9. What should I do? Should I attempt another reload of the program and see if this will alleviate the problem of having add-on aircraft? If so, please let me know. Thanks again, Peace.
Before going the route of redownloading the file, using the drop down menu as shown in the attached screenshot, please list all of the entries under Aircraft Model that you see there. I have eight or nine but I have a number of other Cessna models installed.Jusr want to confirm what you are seeing.

Guest journeyer

Opa, I have with the downloaded C182rg only 4 planes included in drop down menu, those are the stock planes included with the program, even though the file is in the aircraft folder in main FS9 folder I still cannot get it to show on the drop down menu

Before going the route of redownloading the file, using the drop down menu as shown in the attached screenshot, please list all of the entries under Aircraft Model that you see there. I have eight or nine but I have a number of other Cessna models installed.Jusr want to confirm what you are seeing.

Opa, I have with the downloaded C182rg only 4 planes included in drop down menu, those are the stock planes included with the program, even though the file is in the aircraft folder in main FS9 folder I still cannot get it to show on the drop down menu
Let's go back to the basics for a moment -I believe you said you got a new Motherboard and a new Graphic card - or at least some new basic components.I think you also said you then installed the Operating System and then installed FS2004.Before you installed the Operating System did you reformat your Hard Drive?And when you installed FS2004, did you do a complete new install from the disks or did you just copy over an installation you had saved elsewhere?Just trying to understand what the actual environment is in which you are working.Please provide as many details as possible regarding what you actually did.

Guest journeyer

Opa, I did a complete install of the program from the disk, not from a saved previous installation. The only thing that I changed was an addition of 1GHz RAM the same kind as I had previously installed. Nothing else changed as far as hardware is concerned, but the rub has been since the installation of the new ram, I have not been able to install any add-on aircraft. Also reformatted the hard drive when I did the installation of the Windows XP Pro OS. What puzzles me is the fact that as far as planes and helicopters go, I'm using the same helicopters and planes as previous installations yet I cannot get them to show up on the drop down menu of planes. They are loaded into the aircraft folder, and sound and gauges and effects put into the proper folders in FS 9. Are there any other suggestions as to what may be causing this problem? I'm really stumped as to the reason for this difficulty. Thanks again for all the help, Peace!

Guest belga1

Hello,It seems to me that we are very close to an elephant will give birth .. and I am almost certain she will give birth to a mouse ... :( So to speak ... :( Regards bye.gifGus.

Guest journeyer

Gus, thank you for the wise and sage advice! The jocularity of it astounds me and I am sure that you are an excellent judge of what is happening. If any more advice is forthcoming, please post it for me and the world to see.

Check your PM's (Personal Messages).

Guest journeyer

Hello everyone and anyone interested in this problem. I have found one solution to this perplexing problem and I wish to share it with you. The installation of FS9 can be tricky but must be done correctly, in installing you must make sure that there are no other installations of FS9 on your computer or you will have difficulties in running the program. Should you have more than one hard drive, make sure first of all that there are no other instances of installations of FS9 on any of your hard drives, if so, you must manually remove all other files and file folders that are associated with the FS9 program. If you do not, then there will be a problem loading any add-on aircraft and having them show up on the drop down menu that is part of the FS9 program. Once there are no other files or file folders associated with the program, then you can reinstall the program and you will have solved the problem of add-on planes showing up in the drop-down menu. Again, thanks for everyones help and consideration in helping me to alleviate this perplexing problem.