Sign in to follow this  
kittyatyi

I'm disappointed right now - what I feared has happened

Hi all!Yesterday, before I purchased the J41, I made a post asking whether the JS41 is really causing so many crash to desktop errors, I really wanted to know it before I buy. There were way too many reports on CTDs and I was unsure as to buy it or not, it is EUR 40 after all. Finally I bought it but I had the feaar that those things reported may happen to me too. I have been sitting in front of my PC since then, slept just four hours, but I could not yet complete even one flight without an out of memory error. First, I experienced the flahsing VC window thing. Ok, I did the suggested workaround, now it's fine, although I wanted to have the great icing effect, but the only solution seems to be the medium setting for the VC right now, so I applied that and this solved the flashing. But this was just a minor issue.The main issue in my case is that I constantly get an out of memory errors midflight halfway to the destination. The screen freezes and I am informed that my computer has not enough memory, try lower this and this and this setting... I never experienced this ever before. I tried to research the forum, so far I could not find any working solution. I tried the suggested uiautomationcore.dll as well, still crash. I really, really wanted this aircraft, but at this point, if I want to be honest, I regret my purchase very much, it was seriously hard for me to save this money and if I could turn back time I would not buy it again. I am really hoping for some solution, of course that would be the best, because I am really not a richman throwing out EUR 40 for something that I can't even use, second, PMDG meant the highest quality for me but I could not complete a single flight so far which only happened to me with the Airsimmer Airbus.I hope that the solution is here in this forum and all I have to do is finding it. Whatever, if I do nothing but keep playing the way it is now, I will forever keep getting out of memory errors, that means my Jetstream will not be able to fly from point A to B.Sincerely,Zsolt

I hope that this out of memory error thing has something to do with my fsx.cfg LOD Radius tweak as I increased ot to as high as 8-9 from the default 4.5 - now changed back, and so far, one hour into the flight stil up and running, I hope I can finish my first flight without an out of memory error - and if so, maybe the reason is the LOD Radius tweak. Fingers crossed, - I will report if I managed to land or just another memory error...

Zsolt, first of all set Your FSX.cfg to default and check the game, J41 has huge requirements from hardware, most of us has OCed CPUs not without the reason, and many config tweaks are causing problems which may lead to CTDs, secondly remember to run Your FSX with default flight (trike), or run it directly by saved flight file.

Hi! Yes, my fsx.cfg is now absolutely clear, and since I removed the LOD Radius tweak, the JS41 is (still) in the air, I took of more than one and a half hour ago. This before, I already had a CTD but now it seems to be OK, but I will report back if I also managed to land. Anyways I have the default trike @ Friday Hrb as default flight. Fingers crossed, it's still flying. By the way I will also overclock my CPU in a week or two, to around 3.8 GHz, just need to get a cooler first:-) Thanks for the input Grzegorz!Sincerely:Zsolt

I hope it was only minor issue caused by that LOD tweak and that You'll enjoy J41 as much as I do, I don't even care about incoming NGX as long as I can fly this wonderful aircraft.Cheers.biggrin.gif

Yeees! I could complete a 2:20 full flight from Balaton Airport, Hungary to Nice Cote D Azure, France, without ANY issues. It really seems that reseting the LOD Radius tweak from 9.5 to standard 4.5 solved the "out of memory" issue. It's time to make another flight and then another to see if the problem has really gone, and if so, then there's nothing to prevent me from enjoying this otherwise great commuter! Fingers crossed, let's fly from Birmingham, UK to Rotterdam, Netherland, and see what's gonna happen...! Anyone experiencing similar CTD or OOM error, has to look into their fsx.cfg and check if they changed the LOD Radius from 4.5 to any higher as it seems to be a reason of the OOM errors and many frustration that comes with it!Thank you,Zsolt

Ok, so in the fsx.cfg under [TERRAIN} section there is an entry similar to this:LOD_RADIUS=4.500000What I did is increased the value to 9.500000 that results in much more detail, I believe it gives a more crisp, more realistic look, more sharp terrain, but it seems that it tolled system resources and caused the simulator to freeze upon an out of memory error, around 25-30 minutes into the flights, usually after changing from virtual cockpit to spot view or vice versa.Since I changed the value back to the default 4.5000000, everything runs perfectly, no out of memory error anymore.Using this LOD tweak did not effect other addons, but it might be due to the fact that those other addons did not use so much system memory. I am not really an expert, but this is what I believe to have happened.Sincerely,Zsolt