Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

Is the iFly 737...

Guest 413X3

making anyone think about installing FS9 again? I really really want to try it...

Guest 413X3

I know I know. But I've been waiting for a quality 737 for so long, PMDG is taking it's time, and the Ariane had too many downsides.

I know I know. But I've been waiting for a quality 737 for so long, PMDG is taking it's time, and the Ariane had too many downsides.
I receive a feed from the iFly forum at Flight1 and it looks like there are a bunch of problems...RV

I receive a feed from the iFly forum at Flight1 and it looks like there are a bunch of problems...RV
I have it and have yet to experience "a bunch of problems". lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Well of course there are... You cannot expect such a complex simulation to be fully bug free. Heck, if entire OS's come with a "bunch of problems", for sure that these software titlkes do. For as far as I have seen, none are very big and will be cixed in due course. Overall, this has been a very succesful product launch!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Well of course there are... You cannot expect such a complex simulation to be fully bug free. Heck, if entire OS's come with a "bunch of problems", for sure that these software titlkes do. For as far as I have seen, none are very big and will be cixed in due course. Overall, this has been a very succesful product launch!
Not to mention they will also be adding in the 700ER/900ER models.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Looks like I'll be one of them going back to FS9 just for the plane :(. Too bad there's only 2GBs left in my disk! If only I had the skills to convert those gauges into an XML format so that they work with FSX....I would have been in Flight1 by then...:biggrin:Since there's no sign of any new 737NGs then I'll have to settle with the POSKY ones..Dave.

iFly 737 NG for FSX is to be released around Oct. 1st. Price will be $15 more than the FS9 version.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest 413X3

Hopefully with the bugs fixed from the FS9 version. I will certainly buy

So far the team seems to be very responsible and responsive regarding bug fixes. On top of that I personally think what shows this team's true ambition is all the improvements they are reportedly taking on. This should put a lot of pressure on PMDG. They've already handed out the FS9 737 market in its entirety to iFly (unless I'm wrong about the pmdg NG being FSX only) and now it looks like iFly will be the first to cash in on the hungry FSX crowd.

Jason

I was very seriously considering the ifly for FSX,.... until hearing that it will be priced at $70. I'll wait and see how the PMDG NGX is priced before making a decision. To me, the ifly was much more appealing at the $55 mark.

To me, the ifly was much more appealing at the $55 mark.
For another $15, the FSX version can be had by current FS9 version customers. (just translating what iFly team said in their chinese forum)

Jason

Oh, that's a bit different. You wouldn't happen to know what the FSX version will cost for people who haven't already bought the fs9 version would you?

I was very seriously considering the ifly for FSX,.... until hearing that it will be priced at $70. I'll wait and see how the PMDG NGX is priced before making a decision. To me, the ifly was much more appealing at the $55 mark.
Chances are very very good the pmdg 737ngx will be north of 70 dollars. I am betting between 80 to 99 dollars.

Eric