Sign in to follow this  
Arkki

Custom VC view

Greetings. I have the I was wondering if it is possible to move the VC view and save it as default? What I mean is that first I move the view to a position and then save it so that after panning the view when I click the reset view button (which I have mapped on my joystick) It resets to my custom position insted to the one that comes with the aircraft.

To do that, you will need to alter the eypoint settings inthe aricraft cfg file.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I spent a lot of time on this. I found that the default VC camera view which is called up when you invoke the Look Forward (3-D Cockpit) control is the one specified in the Virtual Cockpit camera definition in C:\Documents and Settings\UserId\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\Cameras.cfg. (It seems to be be keyed on that particular GUID.) You can change the eyepoint in this, and it works, but unfortunately it affects every aircraft in your hangar. You can copy it to the aircraft.cfg of the a/c you wish to change and modify it there, and that works too, but only if you delete the original in Camera.cfg (it doesn't like duplicate GUIDs loaded/active at the same time). In which case you then need to copy the original it to the aircraft.cfg of each a/c that you fly. In my case this was a relatively small number of a/c, so not too much of a pain. But I also discovered that by doing this, if I called up any of the 2D panels on a second or subsequent flight, FSX would crash. (Go figure that one !) Since I don't use 2D panels much I can live with this, but it still catches me out from time to time.If anyone can find an alternative which works, I'd be very interested. I raised a long topic on this a while back, but I went looking for it, but it is one of those which have been corrupted in the transition to the new site, and most of it is missing.

Save yourself from all of the headaches of customizing views and buy EZDok. http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Save yourself from all of the headaches of customizing views and buy EZDok. http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam
I agree, EZDOK will let you adjust the views even on the fly not to mention the other beneifts of having it. Here is a link to some examples:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQsP_vPkjaA&feature=related

Jim Wenham

If anyone can find an alternative which works, I'd be very interested. I raised a long topic on this a while back, but I went looking for it, but it is one of those which have been corrupted in the transition to the new site, and most of it is missing.
As the previous poster noted, you just need to change the viewpoint in the aircraft.cfg file of the airplane.To get the coordinates, you need to save the flight, look in the saved FLT file anddo some fancy math which is documented in the forum (somewhere). I have a spreadsheetthat calculates it for me.Easier to work it by trial and error, maybe :(

Bert

As the previous poster noted, you just need to change the viewpoint in the aircraft.cfg file of the airplane.To get the coordinates, you need to save the flight, look in the saved FLT file anddo some fancy math which is documented in the forum (somewhere). I have a spreadsheetthat calculates it for me.Easier to work it by trial and error, maybe :(
I have to say that didn't work for me. There may be something odd about my setup, but although changing the aircraft.cfg brings up a different VC viewpoint when I load the flight, when I invoke the Look Forward (3D Cockpit Control (which I have mapped to a button on the yoke) it flips me back to the view as defined in the camera.cfg, not the one I set up in the aircraft.cfg. What I wanted to do (and I think the OP wants to do) is snap back to a custom VC view from wherever I am. The process described above is the only way I have found to do that.