Sign in to follow this  
Guest 5000005

wilcos a380 paint-kit help

Guest 5000005

I have painted a wilco a380 in my own custom livery, but when i load the plane into fsx the whole plane is all metal like and reflective. Not even close to resembling my livery its like it cant draw it.... help plz this is driving me crazy

Guest 5000005

i figured it out.... if anyone who has a problem with this in the future... if you use photoshop to create your livery it does work to create your image, but it doesnt save it as the type of bmp file that wilco a380 can read... so when you load your paintkit into your texture folder, and run fsx you get so type of metallic livery... the solution is to save the livery that you created via photoshop using dxtbmp... and save it as 32bit file the 888-88 version the only version they have.... load it into your texture file run microsoft... and wah lah it works and the headache is over

Guest lgvpilot1

If you had bothered to read the FAQ's you could of saved yourself a "headache"You are talking about the very basic's of repainting here blink.gifBut we are men right ? we don't need instructions !! , we would rather muddle through ,then pat ourselves on the back for a job well done biggrin.gif

Whahaaa,this reminds me to the guy running into a garage screaming " Have a look I inventend the wheel!!"Neverteheless I appreciate what 5000005 did.He really reported about the way he solved his problem.OK , that was old news , the same time he learned quiet a lot.Maybe he will be doing the same with something "we" never heard of before in future.Thats the spirit guys.CheersLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest 5000005

true to that ... i'd rather scratch my hair out then ask for help, i usually just paint with photoshop and save the bmp file and it works but the a380 had me dumbfounded, im not a paint kit vet, but i understand why other programs like dxtbmp are most commonly used especially for addon painting...lol... and wat FAQs?

If you had bothered to read the FAQ's you could of saved yourself a "headache"You are talking about the very basic's of repainting here blink.gifBut we are men right ? we don't need instructions !! , we would rather muddle through ,then pat ourselves on the back for a job well done biggrin.gif

and what FAQ`s? (you wrote)After Mark told you there are FAQ`s avaialble , it appears ,you did`nt even bother to look for them.Painting FAQ'sPainting "Frequently Asked Questions" are posted with answers.This is the FIRST forum in The Paint Shop!! Please do not start asking "Where is The Paint Shop ?" > "Where is AVSIM ?" >> "Where is The Internet ?" or even "Where is my own PC ?" :Thinking:Best regardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints