Im thinking of getting trackir and I was wondering if it has any effect on frame rates and if I should get trackir 4 or 5?

Im thinking of getting trackir and I was wondering if it has any effect on frame rates and if I should get trackir 4 or 5?
HelloNo effect on frame rates.Get v5 but if for some reason you can't then 4 is fine.Then get Ezdok if you are on FSX, once you have both of those it is just a case of remembering to eat and sleep occasionaly :biggrin:

They made TIR4 so good, there's hardly any gain in ver. 5. So, if you want to save some bucks go for TIR4 and just download TIR5 software.

Trackir 5: I followed the setup, everything seemed to work. However I cannot get more than just the slightest head movement on screen. I tried support but no answer, maybe they are away for the week? I went on their trackir forum and received one reply “I am having the same problem”. I searched for other help on other forums and did find one suggestion that required quite an extensive changing of the registry. I don’t think that is a good idea. So, back in the box with the trackir, maybe I will try again later, what a waste of time.

Trackir 5: I followed the setup, everything seemed to work. However I cannot get more than just the slightest head movement on screen. I tried support but no answer, maybe they are away for the week? I went on their trackir forum and received one reply “I am having the same problem”. I searched for other help on other forums and did find one suggestion that required quite an extensive changing of the registry. I don’t think that is a good idea. So, back in the box with the trackir, maybe I will try again later, what a waste of time.
HelloWorks fine here, I have owned V3 v4 and V5 over the years, I would give up the sim if I could not use trackirDid you get head movement in the TrackIR software?Where do you have FSX installed?Did you select the correct reflector in the TrackIR software Track clip or Trackclip pro?All axis boxes checked in the Advanced settings dialog?