Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Computer Restart While iusing FSX

I've never experienced this before, could it be a sign of a problem with my PC? I was using FSX, ASE, and the captain sim 762, and I was flying from washington Dulles int, to vienna austria. Like I said I've never had this happen before with my PC and FSX, and was just wondering what it could be?

Something similar happened to me last week. Removing my RAM sticks, cleaning them off with a can of duster and reinserting them did the trick.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Most likely overheating.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Guest firehawk44
I've never experienced this before, could it be a sign of a problem with my PC? I was using FSX, ASE, and the captain sim 762, and I was flying from washington Dulles int, to vienna austria. Like I said I've never had this happen before with my PC and FSX, and was just wondering what it could be?
Instability from too much overclocking will do that. Best regards,Jim

Its most definately overheating from either 1. overclocking 2. faulty or underpowered PSU (power unit)I had constant reboots during some flights, I found out that my 550W PSU was not enough to handle all my devices + overclock. I upgraded to a new 700w, everything is fine afterthat. So even if you are not o/c'ing, if you added a new power hungry component (extra hard drive, a new GPU, anything drawing more power than the PSU could handle before) FSX will reboot without warning.

Temperature is not the only cause for instability. OCCT stress test is an easy way to determine where the problem is at. Check if voltage is up where it's supposed to be.

Temperature is not the only cause for instability.
I agree. But just happening all at once could probably be a result from a nice layer of dust on/in some RAM or heatsinks. It's incredible how efficient dust is for retaining heat. Especially if the computer is exposed to cigarette smoke. OMG that can get NASTY! Trust me I've seen it. *shudder*Check everything you can, software and hardware both.

Yes, dust is a killer. And it may lie so deep in the heatsinks that it can stay undetected unless you take the whole shabang apart. And if one is not comfy doing PC surgery, try realtemp to check for overheating while running FSX.