Sign in to follow this  
kittyatyi

What is this (see attached image)? Info needed:-)

Hi all,Started a flight in the night, and after takeoff I noticed something unusual under the fuselage. Two things that I did not see before. But maybe it they were there already on the ground but I did not notice. It was night time and I first though I forgot the landing gear:-) Then I switched to daylight to see... and noticed that it's something else... What are these things on the image and how to get rid of them?Thanks indeed,Zsolt

Hmmm you obviously didn't do a thorough walk around aye? Haha, just kid'n :wink:It's some sort of laser. I have no idea why but surely someone will be along in a minute or two with the details.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hmmm you obviously didn't do a thorough walk around aye? Haha, just kid'n :wink:It's some sort of laser. I have no idea why but surely someone will be along in a minute or two with the details.
Yes, it's true, I was lazy to do the walkaround:-))) I have a guess that it is something with the animations, because after landing and parking I could not make the ground power unit to appear. So I think something got messed up with the animations. Just guessing though.Cheers,Zsolt

What's the name of the texture file for that variant?Those are the radar dome (radome) and FLIR (Forward Looking Infrared) sensor ball that are on the Hong Kong Government Services version of the J41. To my knowledge, the only way you can get them on your model is to replace the HK textures, and use the same name as the HK textures folder.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Its the Budapest Aircraft Services livery painted by a great texture artist here in the forums, he did the repaint for me, a few days ago.This is the download link:http://www.filefront.../J41_BAS_02.zipSo you can check the textures. But I think this livery has nothing to do with the HKG Gov repaint, I am flying with the same Budapest Aircraft Services Jetstrean right now, and it is normal, and it was normal before. Yesterday evening was the first and last occassion when - for some weird reason - those things appeared. Maybe because I did not load up the airplane properly? Also, just to mention, after landing (with the plane having those weird things under the fuselage), I could not make the GPU to show up, so I think the issue was starting when I loaded up the airplane.Cheers,Zsolt

i had teh same experience, you just can get the radome and FLIR on other paintschemes when you completely replace the HongKong textures with the other paints. I once tried to paint an austrialian Air Force scheme with the radome, without removing or replacing the HK livery. I could not find a way. Probably someone found. Greetings from Tuzla, IstanbulAlex

Tesekkur ederim:, Alex:-) The strange thing is that the plane I was using is a standrad passeneger variant, and the radome appeared onyl once, and the thing is that I wanna know what caused the radome to appear on this normal variant.Zsolt