Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

Level flight with rudders enabled

I have noticed that after take off with rudders enabled the aircraft will bank slightly even if I don't touch the controls. Keeping level flight is more difficult since the plane will change its heading even if I do nothing.Is this normal?

If you are using a joystick with twist grip for rudders or rudder pedals, they may need calibrating. If calibrating cannot remove a bias, then you may need to use external calibration means. FSUIPC provides such a calibration.W. Sieffert

Guest Jack172

I had the same problem with Pro Pedals, solved by setting a null zone of 7 in the CH control panel, you can download it from CH.It replaces the MS game controller setup.

Guest product

This doesn't sound like a rudder issue, unless you've got rudder trim set to one side- sounds like normal Pfactor and torque response, which should cause your plane to act as you describe. Setting a null zone higher than 1 or 2 may solve the problem somehow, but you're losing a great deal or realism that way.Best,Joel

Guest tgabriel

Right, if it was strictly rudder it would yaw, not necessarily bank. P-factor torque will cause a bank. Use your trim tab like the real airplanes do. If you cannot trim it out then the rudder pedals might need calibration but that is doubtful

>Right, if it was strictly rudder it would yaw, not>necessarily bank. P-factor torque will cause a bank. Use your>trim tab like the real airplanes do. If you cannot trim it out>then the rudder pedals might need calibration but that is>doubtfulYaw almost immediately induces bank since the yaw causes one wing to move forward at a higher rate of speed than the other, therefore creating more lift on that wing. That being the case the initial yaw might not be noticed. And, yes, rudder trim will correct that if that is what's happening.Regards,Dewey

To compensate with rudder trim was very tricky. The result is that I start bank at the other side or continue as before.Also I'm not only banking at left, it seems as if a made small adjustments on the joystick to bank left/right. In FSUIPC I set the center values for aileron to 512 -512.

I have the registered version of FSUIPC and I have calibrated the rudder with it. Still rudder seems a little sensitive. How do Ibest use the FSUIPC calibration? I moved my pedals (or other control)to their max min position and pressed SET. Is that all to it? Is myrudder as good as they can get now?

Guest allcott

Check the weight and balance. FS9 is much more sensitive to out of balance weights. Fuel, pax, baggage might need checking.Allcott

>Check the weight and balance. FS9 is much more sensitive to>out of balance weights. Fuel, pax, baggage might need>checking.>How is this possible in FS9 ? Havn't found any menu where pax baggageis controlled. Only fuel and my flight was with full fuel.