Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

C-17 Globemaster, B1, & B2 Bombers?

Are there any C17 Globemaster, B1, and/or B2 Bomber freeware downloads aviailable? If available on AvSim, FlightSim, and by a Google Search, I am afraid I have overlooked them.Thanks:RTH

Guest firehawk44
Are there any C17 Globemaster, B1, and/or B2 Bomber freeware downloads aviailable? If available on AvSim, FlightSim, and by a Google Search, I am afraid I have overlooked them.Thanks:RTH
Here's one site for the B2 I found through Google... http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/b2-stealth-bomber.html. I couldn't find any free C-17's but saw several hits for the B-1 on Google. Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

Try UKMIL for C-17http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?list.86You might need to register to d/l.scott s..

Guest 413X3
Try UKMIL for C-17http://www.ukmil.org.uk/download.php?list.86You might need to register to d/l.scott s..
Does it have a good virtual cockpit?

Yes, it does. There's also a patch that will add additional pop-up panels, namely a throttle quadrant and an overhead panel. There's also a freeware B-2 on Simviation. Unfortunately no B-1s at the moment. To add to Scott's reply, you'll have to have at least a basic free membership at UKMIL to download. Dave.

Guest scrubuck

I'm using Mike Stone's FS9 C-17 in FSX and it appears to work well with 3rd party panel as is.

I'm using Mike Stone's FS9 C-17 in FSX and it appears to work well with 3rd party panel as is.
As always, Mike's gauges are compiled in multiple XML files according to the type of each gauge, which in the format it is, is usually compatible with FSX. To use them on UKMIL's C-17 however, would be perfect, as most of the gauges included in the UKMIL model are Microsoft sub-standardized gauges, which do not resemble the Airbus-like gauges on the C-17 at all. I have tested his model, of which has been adapted for FSX, and all gauges and switches work. Dave.