Sign in to follow this  
w4fej

Silly request

Bryan: I run a very civil and polite cockpit on my flights. I am so into the flight I constantly catch myself saying "thank you" to the FO after he acknowledges completino of a task but never get a polite "you're welcome" or "no problem" or my personal favorite from Sarah Palin, "you betcha" back. Could you possibly teach the FO some manners and have him respond to "thank you" or perhaps "thanks"? LOVE the Crew!! Mike B.

Bryan: I run a very civil and polite cockpit on my flights. I am so into the flight I constantly catch myself saying "thank you" to the FO after he acknowledges completino of a task but never get a polite "you're welcome" or "no problem" or my personal favorite from Sarah Palin, "you betcha" back. Could you possibly teach the FO some manners and have him respond to "thank you" or perhaps "thanks"? LOVE the Crew!! Mike B.
Hi Mike,That'd be easy to do. I'll put it on the list.Cheers,

Thanks Bryan. This thing just keeps getting better and better!!Mike B.

Bryan, if you are going to add that, then please in the name of realism, do maintain a sterile cockpit and avoid unnecessary talk below 10,000 ft! (semi-seriously)Big%20Grin.gif

Bryan, if you are going to add that, then please in the name of realism, do maintain a sterile cockpit and avoid unnecessary talk below 10,000 ft! (semi-seriously)Big%20Grin.gif
I thought the unnecessary talk was supposed to be knocked off with below 18000ft? :(

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Guest Samuli

Politness is good, but too much politness in flying can be really bad.I tend to be very polite because I thank almost all times and I also say please too much, but in aviation to be extremely polite is not the idea, in some regions less than in others though.The idea of CRM is to make a safe flight, and the important thing is to communicate clearly but short.That's why this polteness you are asking in my opinion is not the best idea. Even if this is just a game, in my opinion it should be kept realistic, similar to real world operation. And that's how I see it now the way it is simulated.I just hope I don't sound rude, as it is really not the purpose, but I am sure that it migth sound funny if half of what you hear in a maddog flight is Please, thank you, oh... you are very welcome! Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif :( Just my honest opinion.Regards,Samuli