Sign in to follow this  
DalSingh

747 off course, wild banking

HiI did a search for 'Off Course' but nothing came up.Every now and again when I'm flying, the aircraft will not stay on course.... as shown in the images below.747dash.th.jpg *Note: MCP shows 'LOC' on, but that was me making a last attempt to get the 747 back on track, didn't do a thing unfortunately.747odb.jpgIts usually in the climb phase and it is incredibly frustrating..... the LNAV just seem to screw everything up, if 747 is off the track slightly it will make huge bank angles to correct itself instead of being smart and making minor adjustments.There are many times I am able to make a flight perfectly with FMC - so I am confident that I can plan/fly routes with the FMC correctly.This just happened to me 10 mins ago randomly, thank god I remembered to take a screenshot this time - I decided to speed up the simulation to see if the problem irons itself out over time.... instead the bank angles only get wider until the plan looses altitude and crashes.At first you think its the wind, but then you realise just how erratic the banking is and the the way the plane tries to correct itself is ridiculous, large banking for minor offset only make the problem worse.Please tell me there is a solution to this bug, I'm sick of it :mad:Thanks.

The thing I do is put it on manual heading for 1-2 minutes just to the side of the course, then angle for intercept and engage LNAV.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Watch the wind vector in the upper left of the ND, if that is rapidly changing you found your problem.Get registered version of FSUIPC and use the wind smoothing to calm MSFS horrible weather simulation.Full names requested in this forum, thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Watch the wind vector in the upper left of the ND, if that is rapidly changing you found your problem.Get registered version of FSUIPC and use the wind smoothing to calm MSFS horrible weather simulation.Full names requested in this forum, thanks.
Thank you for the responses, I will try this out.Ps. That is my full name... Dal Singh - mods can add a space if they wish.Thanks again!

I installed FSUIPC and set 'smoothing' for the winds...... it worked! :Thinking:I had the flight already saved just before take-off, so I was able to thoroughly test it (weather settings were saved).The wind was still hard on the 747, but it was correcting itself perfectly.... using adequate/minimal banking, no random 180* turns off course...Thanks again for the suggestion and hope this helps others! :(

Hi Dal,The full names request applies at the bottom of your post !

Guest Ravens9469

I would like some help with this wild bank angle issue please. I have the fsuipc 4.6 and i have never registered it. I have been flying this 747 with this fsuipc for eight months i feel if you pay almost eighty dollars for this program is should work whether or not you have a registered copy. Please help

Edward, Their simulation has absolutely nothing to do with the simulator. Meaning FSX weather is what it is and there is nothing any of the developers can do to fix it. Highly modeled aircraft suffer from more hits from bugs in fsx than companies that don't model didly. The trade off would be a poorly modeled aircraft or we get what we like and also find ways around existing issues within the sim, which include things like FSUIPC to smooth the weather as well as 3rd party weather engines like ASE.It took us all a while to learn and understand it, it is a bummer no doubt but it has nothing to do with what you bought.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier