Sign in to follow this  
lawinge2

nose plop on landing

The immediate nose drop when the wheels hit the ground seems so pronounced. I fly a lot in real Cherokee 140's and it"s easy to keep the nosewheel off the ground if you have done a soft landing. The F33 nose seems to drop no matter what speed or degree of touchdown impact. It's odd considering there is so much elevator authority at slow speeds. This is quite unlike the aeilron aurthority which gets very mushy at slow speeds in the F33. Are there any Bonanza pilots that know if the landing characteristics are right?I'm enjoying the airplane though. I'm sure I'll be flying this one for a long time.

A lot of years have passed but I have 50-60 hours in Bonanzas and T-34s and recall the landings as very smooth. I never consciously tried to keep the nose wheel off the ground after touchdown. Is that what you want to do?This airplane is quite a it heavier than a 140 and once on the ground it likes to stay there. The CG of the Beech along with the landing gear location is probably keeping you from holding the nose up. Wish my memory was better. I do recall that the 140 is a sweet airplane on landing and can get into lots of places that the Bonanza shouldn't try (especially if it wants to get back out).

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg