Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Level of Detail and Elevation Mesh?

I never noticed that the Level of Detail slider effected elevation mesh. I had mine set at minimum and the rock mountains tooled almost flat. As I approached very detailed peaks suddenly appeared. I reset the Level of Detail slider to max and the mountains appeared sooner but in the meantime the area was not even close to reality. Set the detail to 7 in FSX.CFG but still bland elevations until I approached closer. Mesh is 10m between elevation points (FSG). All mesh slider at max.This may be normal but never noticed it flying around in the Northeast USA.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I never noticed that the Level of Detail slider effected elevation mesh. I had mine set at minimum and the rock mountains tooled almost flat. As I approached very detailed peaks suddenly appeared. I reset the Level of Detail slider to max and the mountains appeared sooner but in the meantime the area was not even close to reality. Set the detail to 7 in FSX.CFG but still bland elevations until I approached closer. Mesh is 10m between elevation points (FSG). All mesh slider at max.This may be normal but never noticed it flying around in the Northeast USA.
FSX seems to look much better with LOD 6.5 and Scenery Tech mesh than without one or both.  Very noticeable in high detail areas like PNW.I fly mostly in external belly cam or spot view.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png