Sign in to follow this  
liamr685

Lockheed L-188

Does anyone know a good Lockheed L-188 Addon out there for '04 ?Payware or freeware?Liam

OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit CPU: Intel i7 4790K Quad @ 4.4GHz MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980 RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms

Does anyone know a good Lockheed L-188 Addon out there for '04 ?Payware or freeware?Liam
Mike Stone created a fairly good one if memory serves. You can check this site for individual files of Mikes work:http://www.gjsmith.n...Stone/index.htmor I believe this link to a very large file containing all of his his work is still valid:http://fsfiles.org/P...?act=view&id=13 There may be other L-188's available but that is the only freeware one I remember right now.

Cheers ill take a look in a whileim just pushing the last 768nm out of my 5000nm trip from EDDF to KLAX in my Lufthansa A346 im sat here watching "Ice Pilots" and that stuff looks fun, just making a small list of the A/c buffalo have flying from yellowknife :)Liam

OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit CPU: Intel i7 4790K Quad @ 4.4GHz MoBo: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer GPU: nVidea/Gigabyte GTX980 RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair 1600C9 Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: Seasonic X-650 80+ Gold Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 1920x1080, 144Hz, 1ms

Hi,There are two others - one by Chris Buff, and one by JR Lucariny. All available in the library, AFAIK.The ones that flew in California are linked on my L-188 Electra Page.Hope this helps,

Does anyone know a good Lockheed L-188 Addon out there for '04 ?
As has been said there are several different models available and I wouldn't personally know enough to say which of them is the best in terms of detail, accuracy etc. However, if by "good" you mean one with realistic flight performance, detailed panel and realistic operating procedures then I would highly recommend the combination of the J R Lucariny model with FDEs and panel by Fraser McKay. I haven't been able to locate in on AVSIM but it is available as a complete package at flightsim.com as file fml188ap.zip .John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

As has been said there are several different models available and I wouldn't personally know enough to say which of them is the best in terms of detail, accuracy etc. However, if by "good" you mean one with realistic flight performance, detailed panel and realistic operating procedures then I would highly recommend the combination of the J R Lucariny model with FDEs and panel by Fraser McKay. I haven't been able to locate in on AVSIM but it is available as a complete package at flightsim.com as file fml188ap.zip .John
Reeve Aleutian Airways & Eastern Airlines L-188 Electra -- JRLucariny Model is here at AVSIM.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Yes, that's the model of course but it does not have the improved flight performance nor the detailed panel that I was referring to. In fact it uses the King Air panel (and sounds) which is a twin-engine light aircraft . . .John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org