Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

AES Development to end?

Guest EJTENC

Oliver does a lot of good things for the community, but I really think he needs a vacation. It almost looks like a burnout .Now he has every costumer begging for him to come back. He runs that part of the forums like a diva and if something doesn't fit his likings he gives you a rude reply. Is that what support for a paid product is all about. Someone says something you don't like and you run off like a child stamping your feet and demanding positive feedback from others?The product is nice, but the way things go lately is far from professional

Oliver does a lot of good things for the community, but I really think he needs a vacation. It almost looks like a burnout .Now he has every costumer begging for him to come back. He runs that part of the forums like a diva and if something doesn't fit his likings he gives you a rude reply. Is that what support for a paid product is all about. Someone says something you don't like and you run off like a child stamping your feet and demanding positive feedback from others?The product is nice, but the way things go lately is far from professional
Let him abandon AES. Who cares? Software gets abandoned all the time just live with what is already produced and move on to something else.

The AES push-back is nice for a couple reasons. First, there is sound the simulates the conversation between the ground crew and the cockpit. Second, the tug will automatically turn the aircraft, put it in the proper position and instruct you when to reset your parking brakes. The only thing I don't like about the process is the sound. The tug engine and the alarm on the moving jetway are a little loud for the cockpit. I just opened them up in sound recorder and lowered volume for those .wav files.
Did you ever tried FSCopilot and the great toos it offers? One of them are called "Pushback". You can do pushback exaclty how many meters you want, the angle you desire, and lot's of other stuff. And the sounds are amazing!First time I heard the AES sound I was scared. It's so unrealistic to hear a prop sound in the background while flying an airliner (jet), the sounds are distorted, very loud and don't fit to the environment. It's terrible.After I had installed and used FSInn and FSCopilot for my multiplayer sessions and tried the great tools of FSCopilot like the mentioned "Pushback" it was clear: AES sucks!Sorry for that hard words, but I wanted to describe MY view of point.Just my 2 cents,Pegasus.

Did you ever tried FSCopilot and the great toos it offers? One of them are called "Pushback". You can do pushback exaclty how many meters you want, the angle you desire, and lot's of other stuff. And the sounds are amazing!First time I heard the AES sound I was scared. It's so unrealistic to hear a prop sound in the background while flying an airliner (jet), the sounds are distorted, very loud and don't fit to the environment. It's terrible.After I had installed and used FSInn and FSCopilot for my multiplayer sessions and tried the great tools of FSCopilot like the mentioned "Pushback" it was clear: AES sucks!Sorry for that hard words, but I wanted to describe MY view of point.Just my 2 cents,Pegasus.
Despite the sounds IMHO It is still a phenomenal add-on and by far the most accurate pushback depiction available...An add-on that accurately maps out pushback routes for you and always drops you in the accurate spot even if it means a push/pull sequence without having to "guess how many meters or degrees" to push back is by far a more accurate program but that is just my opinion... To say it sucks because of the sounds with all the other value it adds is your opinion but I strongly disagree...AES also adds:Realistic gate alignment with animated fingers or marshals with animated support vehicles at all supported airportsFollow-me cars to any assigned gatecustom rain and snow textures dependent upon weathercustom runway centerline soundsWhile all its sounds and textures may not be the best the immersion AES adds to its airports is why so many of us wont fly into an airport without it... It has a lot of followers for such a "sucky" program :LMAO:Personally in a time when FS development is so tumultuous to lose developers like Oliver is akin to so many other developers we have lost in the past to rude, ignorant, ungrateful and disrespectful customers (and sometimes even non-customers on the bandwagon.) Personally I appreciate the FS developers and I get a pang in my heart anytime a developer in such a close knit community such as ours shuts their doors. Such a callous attitude because you don't support the particular add-on in question is sad IMHO. Just my .02-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Despite the sounds IMHO It is still a phenomenal add-on and by far the most accurate pushback depiction available...An add-on that accurately maps out pushback routes for you and always drops you in the accurate spot even if it means a push/pull sequence without having to "guess how many meters or degrees" to push back is by far a more accurate program but that is just my opinion... To say it sucks because of the sounds with all the other value it adds is your opinion but I strongly disagree...AES also adds:Realistic gate alignment with animated fingers or marshals with animated support vehicles at all supported airportsFollow-me cars to any assigned gatecustom rain and snow textures dependent upon weathercustom runway centerline soundsWhile all its sounds and textures may not be the best the immersion AES adds to its airports is why so many of us wont fly into an airport without it... It has a lot of followers for such a "sucky" program :LMAO:Personally in a time when FS development is so tumultuous to lose developers like Oliver is akin to so many other developers we have lost in the past to rude, ignorant, ungrateful and disrespectful customers (and sometimes even non-customers on the bandwagon.) Personally I appreciate the FS developers and I get a pang in my heart anytime a developer in such a close knit community such as ours shuts their doors. Such a callous attitude because you don't support the particular add-on in question is sad IMHO. Just my .02-Paul
I think we all agree that the "rude, ignorant, ungrateful and disrespectful customers" are complete and total tools. There is no excuse for that behavior. However, we also know that these people exist and will never go away. A simple fact of life is that if you are going to charge for a product you unfortunately have to expect this crap occasionally and you cannot let it get to you. Freeware is a different thing altogether. Charge money and you need to have thick skin and ignore the morons. In many cases they are only looking to get a reaction anyway, and when you do things like this (or snap back with rude comments as one poster mentioned above) it only gets worst.