Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Another reason to STAY with FSX

I recently bought track ir5 and decided to also buy EZCA. OH MY!!!!!!Thanks to everyone who commented on this great add-on. It's simply brilliant!It should be made standard with TrackIR5. An excellent combination.If anyone has a way to use a key to cycle through the cameras, I would certainly appreciate it.I removed the tower view a long time ago from my cfg file. I think I might have to put it back in.Thanks also to the developers. Excellent job!Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yeah EZdok is pretty cool program. I bought it when it first came out and have been real happy with it. Although since I fly heavies mostly, I keep the in-air settings pretty dull, but I do like the VC camera I made for the takeoff and landing vibrations when flying the LDS 767. In fact the guys at PMDG said they will make a special camera to use with EZdok when the NGX comes out.I will say though, even without EZdok, I have no reason to do anything but stay with FSX, lol. There is no way I would go back to FS9 after 2.5 years of enjoying FSX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

With all these great add-ons being released for FSX, I see absolutely no reason to even consider a new sim.I'm not sure if EZCA will be developed for FS9, but this add-on will motivate some FS9 users who don't have the computer to run FSX, to finally make the move. The effects are to say the least, revolutionary. IMHO.I'm so glad that I upgraded my system and that FSX finally performs well. I can now enjoy all my add-ons.UPDATE:Beat 1.16 has been released and its supposed to have a cycle views key assignment option. Great news.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

With all these great add-ons being released for FSX, I see absolutely no reason to even consider a new sim.I'm not sure if EZCA will be developed for FS9, but this add-on will motivate some FS9 users who don't have the computer to run FSX, to finally make the move. The effects are to say the least, revolutionary. IMHO.I'm so glad that I upgraded my system and that FSX finally performs well. I can now enjoy all my add-ons.UPDATE:Beat 1.16 has been released and its supposed to have a cycle views key assignment option. Great news.
I agree that its nice to have a rig that can run FSX the way you want it to run.I will probably remain on FSX for a year or two after the new sim comes out, unless it is really something ground breaking. Plus the fact a new sim is really useless to me without any of my addon aircraft or scenery.I never owned Walk and Follow for FS9, but wasn't it similar to what EZdok does as far as the camera movements and vibration effects?

I agree that its nice to have a rig that can run FSX the way you want it to run.I will probably remain on FSX for a year or two after the new sim comes out, unless it is really something ground breaking. Plus the fact a new sim is really useless to me without any of my addon aircraft or scenery.I never owned Walk and Follow for FS9, but wasn't it similar to what EZdok does as far as the camera movements and vibration effects?
Same here about sticking with FSX.I did have active camera for FS9 and I really missed in in FSX until EZDok came out. I still have not played with the effects that much. Did you say that you created a separate view for take offs and landings that simulates the effects of the aircraft being dirty? I had not thought about that approach but I do want something that only applies the camera shake with the flaps and gears are down. I'll have to give that a try - just create a separate camera to be used during those portions of the flight.Is there a dial that will accentuate the FSX turbulence? I wouldn't want the shake to be permanent - just on when there is turbulence. I have always though that the FSX turbulence wasn't strong enough.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I did have active camera for FS9 and I really missed in in FSX until EZDok came out. I still have not played with the effects that much.
That's right it was Active Camera I was thinking of. I dont know why Walk and Follow popped into my head.
Did you say that you created a separate view for take offs and landings that simulates the effects of the aircraft being dirty? I had not thought about that approach but I do want something that only applies the camera shake with the flaps and gears are down. I'll have to give that a try - just create a separate camera to be used during those portions of the flight.
Well I didn't mean the camera only works when the a/c is dirty with full flaps and gear, but more that I have a VC camera that I made that is always on, but after lots and lots of experimentation and some help from Marniftarr, I have one for the LDS767 that gives me about just the right about of vibration and shake when I land or take off. I tuned it so that on take off I dont start getting any vibs or shakes until I get to about 90 kts and when I land the effects last until I slow to about 90 kts.My VC camera gives me an effect similar to this when landing. Fast foward to the 1:19 mark and that is about what I get in the LDS767 when I land.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMpU_qtpmtk
Is there a dial that will accentuate the FSX turbulence? I wouldn't want the shake to be permanent - just on when there is turbulence. I have always though that the FSX turbulence wasn't strong enough.
Yeah adjust the DHM settings and move you RND setting for AIR to all zero for that particular camera. Export the camera first though in case you dont like the changes you can import the old setting back. The DHM camera reacts to the real weather and not random like the RND button does.

That's right it was Active Camera I was thinking of. I dont know why Walk and Follow popped into my head.Well I didn't mean the camera only works when the a/c is dirty with full flaps and gear, but more that I have a VC camera that I made that is always on, but after lots and lots of experimentation and some help from Marniftarr, I have one for the LDS767 that gives me about just the right about of vibration and shake when I land or take off. I tuned it so that on take off I dont start getting any vibs or shakes until I get to about 90 kts and when I land the effects last until I slow to about 90 kts.My VC camera gives me an effect similar to this when landing. Fast foward to the 1:19 mark and that is about what I get in the LDS767 when I land.

Yeah adjust the DHM settings and move you RND setting for AIR to all zero for that particular camera. Export the camera first though in case you dont like the changes you can import the old setting back. The DHM camera reacts to the real weather and not random like the RND button does.
Nice landing!It IS the best utility for FSX BTW. :( jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

You can really have fun with this; I took my landing view camera effects, then tweaked it so there's a slight bump/vibration as I taxi to the gate. It simulates the wheels running over expansion joints in the runway/taxiway. Now if I could only add the sounds for that. :(

Those effects look amazing! But I don't think I could handle them on the heavies in VC view with my trackir, reaching for the various knobs and such with the shaking would drive me insane!I also have all momentum and head latency effects turned off just for this purpose. I suppose this is geared to the GA and bush flyers, heavies are out of the question since the mouse click spots are so precise.However, these effects would be perfect for instant replays with FSrecorder, either in the VC or wing views!

Those effects look amazing! But I don't think I could handle them on the heavies in VC view with my trackir, reaching for the various knobs and such with the shaking would drive me insane!
One of the ways around this is you can create a camera to zoom in to the controls ad disable the effects for that camera. I have one for the AP controls on the glare shield for a few aircarft. If I need to adjust the heading in turblence, I just hit a key to focus in on that part of the panel.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Those effects look amazing! But I don't think I could handle them on the heavies in VC view with my trackir, reaching for the various knobs and such with the shaking would drive me insane! I suppose this is geared to the GA and bush flyers, heavies are out of the question since the mouse click spots are so precise.
Not really. I primarly fly airliners and it works really well if you tone down the in-air settings. In fact my settings for airliners are pretty minimal for the in air and turbulence effects. I primarly like it for the landing and takeoff roll effects where you get a little vibration and a touch of shake. However if you leave the stock settings for airliners it is hard to hit the click spots even without TrackIR when in the air. Overall I think it has added a lot of immersion even when flying heavies.

I must admit that I am curious to see this in action. I understand toned down settings for the camera shake should not be a huge concern, the ability to maybe toggle off the effect on the fly would be nice.Things are way too still without the momentum effect, especially considering that I have to turn off turbulence for the PMDG planes (although I leave it on for the Leveld or nonpmdg planes)

A.J.,DO a search on youtube for FSX and EZdok or EZCA and you should find all types of videos of it being used.Plus, since its sold thru Flight1, it comes with a 30 money back guarantee. If you dont like it you get a full refund. Best way to try it all together.

Yes, it's great stuff indeed! I also think that I will keep FSX installed for quite some time when MS Flight has arrived. If not for always. With previous versions I always went for the new one, but this time 1. I've got so many addons and 2. those addons are SO GOOD that it will be hard to get used to a new sim out of the box (although of course we don't know what it will be like, but I can't imagine it will be Orbx quality and it will ave things like EZdok in it...). It's not about the money, but it's more that I don't think all current FSX addons will be available soon for MS Flight (if that's possible at all) and I can't imagine flying without them.

One of the ways around this is you can create a camera to zoom in to the controls ad disable the effects for that camera. I have one for the AP controls on the glare shield for a few aircarft. If I need to adjust the heading in turblence, I just hit a key to focus in on that part of the panel.
Just to be sure: do not zoom!!! If you want a view that is 'zoomed in' or better said focused on for instance the radiostack, MOVE towards it with the arrow keys and use page up and down to position yourself and then save that view. If you use zoom then you won't have smooth transitions when you switch views and (to me) that really spoils the immersion. :(