Sign in to follow this  
PaulyC

Keep a copy of fsx CFG file it may help if FSX crashes

If you are an FSX flyer, it maybe a good idea to make a copy of the "fsx CFG" file, as I fortunately had a copy & when my FSX crashed with a report "Fatal error had occured" after I tried doing some changes to one of the aircraft configurations. It restarted ok but radios & gps would not work! I replaced the "fsx CFG" file with the copy & all is ok.This is how to find the "fsx CFG" : Start menu - User name (on start menu( your name maybe?) above "Documents") - AppData - Roaming - Windows - FSX.Make sure that the folder you are pasting it to is open, if you try & copy & paste it into a folder after pasting somewhere else it will change it to a "text document".

If you have a custom joystick setup, also save a copy of: Standard.XMLI have a folder on the desktop labeled FSX Backups and everytime I add a plane, etc I always update the backup of both files, sure saves a LOT of work.

Jay