Sign in to follow this  
Ozark_Dogfighter

C208B Caravan + RealityXP

Hello all. I am curious if anyone has modded the Carenado C208B VC panel with RealityXP? I'm extremely cross-eyed when it comes to panel mods so I was wondering if someone who has done it could perhaps post some screenshots and what I would need to add to the panel.cfg file to make it happen? Pop-ups I'm not interested in, just the VC. I'm reading some tutorials and trying to make it work but so far, no luck :(.

Here's what I did. This was my first installation ever, but it is working just fine for me. This was to replace the default GNS 430 with the GNS 430 from Reality XP. Anything more complicated you'll need professional help, which for sure ain't me.BTW, as always, make a backup of the original panel.cfg and save it under a different name, so you can go back if you get in trouble.1. Run the GNS WAAS Config X.exe utility (located in the Reality XP program folder) and select the Carenado C208B panel in the resulting menu.2. Select "Configure Aircraft" on the lower right.3. Check the box for "GNS Unit" and the radio button for GNS 430.4. Click "Apply" and "OK" then close out the list of aircraft panels which exits the configurator.5. Open Notepad and then open panel.cfg in the Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/Carenado 208. (If you don't see it make sure "All Files" is selected and not "Text Files")6. Verify that at the very top of the Panel.cfg file it says "Window05 - Reality XP GNS 430 WAAS" etc. - that means the config utility you ran earlier worked.7. Now, in two places in this file you will see something like "gauge00=Carenado430!GNS430_nc1" or something very much like that. You will replace this text with "rxpGNS!GNS430".8. The first place to do so is in the section called [Window00]. The final text for that line, after you make the replacement: gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430, 0,0,500,2669. Repeat for section [Vcockpit03], with final text for the line: gauge05=rxpGNS!GNS430, 2,161,282,150Note you don't have to monkey with those numbers at the end, just leave them as they were.10. Save the file (using the same name of panel.cfg) and you're ready to go. 11. When you enter the sim and load the plane, hit Shift-3 and deselect "3D Knobs". Otherwise the old panel knobs poke out and look funny. You have to do this everytime you fly, unless one of the resident geniuses on here knows how to permanently disable them.All this looks pretty complicated when shown stepwise as it is above, but honestly it is just two quick replaces and you're done. Caveat: I am a complete rookie at this. But this did work perfectly for me.

Thanks! :biggrin:I wonder if I could go ahead and replace the audio panel and the transponder in the same way? I did notice in the Texture.base folder are some lighting bitmaps, those could make it ugly if I replace too much, eh? I bet there is a way to make the 3D knobs go away forever.... hmmm would saving a flight with them disabled KEEP them disabled I wonder?

I am actually in the process pf replacing the avionics with a combination of The Reality-XP Flightline N and GNS 430 WAAS combined with the Simflyer GPX-SX packages. The final package will have two options. Package one: Reality XP GNS430 only with all of the default Carenado radiosPackage Two: Reality XP GNS430, GMA 340, GTX 327 for Communication and Navigation Reality XP Flightline N for the S-Tec 55 autopilot, selector, and annunciator Simflyer GPX-SX for Nav Radio 2, and a KMD550 MFD with TCAS to replace the weather radar. At the present time I am in the process off reworking the beautiful night textures that comes with the C208B for proper illumination of the gauges at night and re-working the base VC panel texture to fit the autopilot annunciator correctly. Once finished the package will be available here on AVSIM for free (naturally) and will include the panel configs and the new textures for the night lighting.

Nick Preston

I am actually in the process pf replacing the avionics with a combination of The Reality-XP Flightline N and GNS 430 WAAS combined with the Simflyer GPX-SX packages. The final package will have two options. Package one: Reality XP GNS430 only with all of the default Carenado radiosPackage Two: Reality XP GNS430, GMA 340, GTX 327 for Communication and Navigation Reality XP Flightline N for the S-Tec 55 autopilot, selector, and annunciator Simflyer GPX-SX for Nav Radio 2, and a KMD550 MFD with TCAS to replace the weather radar. At the present time I am in the process off reworking the beautiful night textures that comes with the C208B for proper illumination of the gauges at night and re-working the base VC panel texture to fit the autopilot annunciator correctly. Once finished the package will be available here on AVSIM for free (naturally) and will include the panel configs and the new textures for the night lighting.
Doggone Nick that's awesome! I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Guest 413X3

Thanks! Can you also add the WX500?

I have replaced my avionics with the Simflyer GNS/GMX and RXP FlightlineT. Popup windows work as well. Just have to disable the 3D knobs.

Anyone having issues with the radios? As I turn the knob, the frequency is changing, but sometimes it'll switch right back to the frequency it started on. Also, when I click the flip button, the frequency will flip up to active and then back to the inactive spot. I have a feeling it's an issue with UAC (I just gave the Garmin and RXP folders FULL CONTROL), but I won't have a change to test it until after work. Figured I'd ask here if anyone had any issues or solutions.Thanks for the edits to the Panel.cfg by the way. Looks and works great.

Kyle Rodgers

Does anyone have config settings for realityXP N & T gauges for the Caravan? I have the GPS installed, Just wondering if anyone got other gauges installed.Rob

I am actually in the process pf replacing the avionics with a combination of The Reality-XP Flightline N and GNS 430 WAAS combined with the Simflyer GPX-SX packages. The final package will have two options.
Where can one find those packages?