Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duckbilled

Any suggestions to improve Hurricane depiction?

I am trying to get a little bit of hurricane hunting in. Is it correct that I will only see hurricane-like weather in the areas surrounding the weather station that is reporting that weather?Right now I have the following settings:Depict hurricanes - checkCreate additional stations - checkEnhance route coverage - checkAutomatic downloads - checkMin wind turbulence - 0Max wind turbulence - 100Min Shear - 0Max Shear -50Min Surf visibility - 0Max Surf visibility - 100Max upper visibility - 60Beyond hurricanes, is there something else I should do to get the most complete coverage in the Caribbean an a typical day? I usually look for nasty weather when I choose a flight.

Windows 7 Professional 64bit; P3DV4, ASP4, REXSF, UTL, ProATCx 

I7-4790k @ 4.4; Asus Maximus Formula VII; Asus Strix GTX 1080ti; 16GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3 2400; Corsair H110; EVGA Supernova 1000P2, Single 32" 4k Monitor 

Save a Life: adopt a retired racing greyhound

Hi,1. Settings look good.2. Having to wait was true in earlier products, but now you can go hunting hurricanes as soon as they appear on the Map screen.3. Remember this is all for FSX only.

Thanks,

Jim

000219_195_jimskorna.png

http://www.air-source.us/

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much