Sign in to follow this  
Guest wodjos

Problems with MD-11 Load Manager and Windows 7

Guest wodjos

Hi Guys,I have a little problem that has been annoying me. I have recently upgraded my system and have Windows 7 now. Howeverbeing an Aussie, i use Kilograms for all my weight in the PMDG md-11 and 747.I can change the little drop box in the load manager to Kg, save and close, but when i go to the plane in Fsx it is still in Lbs. Also if i save and close in Kg's, and then straight away open the manager again, it has gone back to Lbs. If i go to the PMDG menu in FSX and change the units of measure to KGs, it shows in the aircraft as Kg's, but when i then try to load the fuel via the PMDG menu in FSX, It only lets me set it in Lbs.I can only assume the Fuel manager in fsx for the PMDG md-11 is connectd to the Load manager which seems to always revert to Lbs. Does anyone have a remedy?I think it may be connected to authority to change .cfg files or something.Cheers,Joshua Hick

Guest wodjos

Anyone?? Can i please have some help on this its so annoying.....Joshua Hick

Hello Joshua.There is a dedicated MD11 sub-forum. Maybe ask a moderator to the move the thread.Unfortunately I have no immediate remedy to your problem. Maybe you can provide more information so that others might jump in and help.Here are some random clues that might help:

• When changing options in the PMDG menu it is best to save the changes and reload the aircraft and/or restart FSX.
  • Are you running FSX and the Load Manager as Administrator? Not doing so results in all sorts of problems with add-ons.
  • Do not install FSX to the default location when using Windows 7.
  • Try setting FSX to the "Hybrid" system of units, if it is not already.

If there is no help on the forum you can always submit a ticket to PMDG product support via the main page.Kind regards