Sign in to follow this  
hodge001

MD-11 Repaints

Hi AllAs I have been making some of the repaints that Anders requested from the IBERIA post, I thought that I should give anybody a chance to try them out as well, and so as not to confuse the IBERIA post I thought I would start a new one, so here is the first one, it is of course a fictional South African Airlines MD-11, as I don’t think they ever used them, but if you would like to take her for a test flight then her is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17247744/Md_11_SAA_01.zipAs always, if you find that you want anything changing, adding or removing, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim!... And I am again. (With my annoying requests) :Whistle:The Iberia Livery has a small flaw.The logo on the tail on the right side is tilted forward.However, it should be tilted backwards.Do you want to change it again? Only if you have desire and time course.Thanks for your patience with me!Greetings!Mandy Broschk

Hi First off to Mandy, apologies for both the delay in responding, and for the tail logo error, I could have sworn that I changed that one, but not to worry, I have updated the files and if you would care to take them for a spin then here is the new download link for them..http://www.filefront.com/17253553/MD_11_IBERIA_04.zipAlso while I am here, I managed to get anther couple of the request that Anders originally made finished (I hope), the first is the fictional Air China colour scheme, and if Anders, or indeed anybody would care to take her for a spin, then here is the download link for those files..http://www.filefront.com/17253554/MD_11_Air_China_01.zipThe Next one af Anders requests was a little bit tricky, it is for a again fictional repaint in the QATAR Airways colours, the tricky bit was that I could not get the tail logo to cover the fuselage and tail area without most of it being missing due to the somewhat different layout of the MD-11 tail, in that big chunks of the area are missing, and all I ended up with was a part of the chin on the fuselage, and the parts of a couple of the horns on the tail, so I opted to put the entire logo on the tail, if anybody would like to take this colour scheme for a test spin, then again here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17253555/MD_11_QATAR_01.zipAs usual any changes, additions or anything that you may want removing, then just let me know, and I will try my best to assist.And if anybody would like me to put the QATAR tail logo the full length, I am more than happy to have a go, and repost a link for the files, but myself I think it looks odd, but who am I to judge.Anyhow take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

I managed to get some more free repainting time to myself (I will certainly have to pay for this at sometime), so I had another chance to have a go at Anders original list of requests, now I am doing these totally at random so the next one of the board is the fictional Vietnam Airlines repaint of the MD-11, so if anybody wants to take her for a spin, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17254371/MD_11_Vietnam_01.zipas always, any problems or changes you may need, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Thanks Jim!I will tomorrow make a trip to Madrid. (In the simulator, of course! Big%20Grin.gif)Have many thanks for your beautiful work!But now I have already found an error in the SAS.Look for the ID of the aircraft!Right side SE- , Left side LN- .Was that intentional or you could not decide? :wink:With kind regards!Mandy BroschkPS: I'm sorry that I always have to count every screw! :(

Hi MandySorry about that, and the error is all mine, no one else to blame on this one, but it’s a good job you mentioned it, as I found another error whilst fixing the registration of her, so my apologies to those who have already download this texture, and if you would like to take the updated texture for a spin, then here is the download link for the updated files..http://www.filefront.com/17255025/MD-11_SAS_02.zipAnd as I always say, any problems or issues with the texture, then just let me know and I will always assist if I can.Take care, and once again my apologies.Jim Hodkinson

Good morning Jim!I am so glad that you're not angry about me.You make so many beautiful repaints. No man is without error!We are all just people. With your work you are preparing a lot of peoplegreat joy. Who does not forgive a small mistake?Thank you again very much for the work and your patience!With kind regards!Mandy Broschks119aq.jpgThank You Jim!

Hi MandyThank for the extremely kind words, I am not at all sure I actually deserve them, but thank you anyway they are really appreciated, thank you for taking the time to provide the feedback, and a great screen shot by the way.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jimsorry to be annoying but I have 2 paint requests.1: is the VAustraila, the international airline of Virgin Blue. 2: is Emirates, one of the fastest growing airlines in the world.

Hi TimApologies for the delay in responding, I am having a bit of a issue with a recurring eye problem, but enough of that.I am / was actually in the middle of an Emirates colour scheme for the MD-11, and I did do a VAustralia for the 74X, so I should be able to reuse some of that colour scheme to make a version for the MD-11.The bad news is that due to the eye issue everything is just a little bit blurry around the edges at the moment, but when I get somewhere close to what is normal, I will get back on the horse so to speak and see what I can come up with for you regarding these colour schemes, it should all being well only be a day or two.Once again my apologies for both the delayed response, and the delay in getting stuck into the request.Take care, and back when I have something for you to try out.Jim Hodkinson

Hi TimI thought I would have a go at finishing the EMIRATES colour scheme, so if you would like to take her for a spin then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17264916/MD_11_Emirates_01.zipOne thing I must mention, is that I am not sure about the colour of the EMIRATES text, and the way my eyesight is with the drops I have to take, I really need some input on this one, so if you could be so kind as to be an acting unpaid beta tester for me I would appreciate it a lot.Let me know what you think regarding not only the text colour, but if you have any changes, additions or indeed anything that you may want updating on her.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi again TimAs I had already done a VAustralia repaint for the 74X, it was not really a big job to do the MD-11 in the same colours, so if you would like to take her for a spin to see if she is what you were after, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17267370/MD_11_VAustralia_01.zipThe usual always applies, if you want any changes, additions or indeed anything updating on the repaint, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim.Thanks for the repaints, they are excellent.I just had some time to test them and unfortunately i have a few minor nitpicks.On the emirates paint, i like the lettering colour, very close to reality, i do think however that the colour of the green on the tail is too bright. it needs to be a darker, richer green, the current one is a bit too much "lime"And there is the Arabic symbole on the sides of the engines.The Vee-oz paint is nearly perfect. However, the airplane painted is actually unnamed, so no need for text below the nose art. And on the opposite to the emirates i think the red is very slightly to dark and dull.Also, Vee-oz paint their V logo on the belly, as evident in the image bellow.Thankyou very much for your patience. You do an exelent job and i admire your skill, speed and patience.PS. On the Qatar link, the cfg entry in the readme tells it to look for the Iberia texture, you might want to fix that to avoid confussion.

Hi TimI have to admit that I to thought the green of the EMIRATES tail was a little on the bright side, but as it was taken off a photographs I let it slide, but not to worry it will be fixed, and as for the engine symbols well all I can say is whoops, that one is totally down to me, I just clean forgot them.On to the VAustralia colour scheme, I did take the red from a previous QANTAS repaint, but again it though it was a little dark when compared to the photographs I have of the VAustralia aircraft, but I put it down to most of the photographs being taken in direct sunlight, but again it’s not a problem to fix it.And I see you noticed the copy and paste error that crept in with the QUATAR installation instructions, to be honest that happens more times than I would care to mention, so I wont mention them, but I will fix those when I have got some of the more urgent repaints and updates out of the way.I do have a few boring real world things to get out of the way today, in fact I was just checking my E-Mails before leaving but I should be able to post the updated file links sometime today hopefully.Thanks for both the kind comments, and for taking the time to provide the feedback, both are really appreciated.Take care, and back as soon as I can with the updates.Jim Hodkinson

Hi TimWell I managed to get done what I had to, so I had some time to do the updates to the files, so here goes with the new download links, and my apologies to those who have already downloaded any of the following.For the EMIRATES Updated files..http://www.filefront.com/17273901/MD_11_Emirates_02.zipFor the VAustralia Updated files..http://www.filefront.com/17273903/MD_11_VAustralia_02.zipAnd finally for the QATAR Updated files..http://www.filefront.com/17273905/MD_11_QATAR_02.zipEven though the files have been updated, if anybody requires any changes at all, just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care,, and once again my apologies to those who have already downloaded, also my thanks to those same people for actually downloading them in the first place.Jim Hodkinson