Sign in to follow this  
hodge001

MD-11 Repaints

Hi TimWell I managed to get done what I had to, so I had some time to do the updates to the files, so here goes with the new download links, and my apologies to those who have already downloaded any of the following.For the EMIRATES Updated files..http://www.filefront...Emirates_02.zipFor the VAustralia Updated files..http://www.filefront...ustralia_02.zipAnd finally for the QATAR Updated files..http://www.filefront...11_QATAR_02.zipEven though the files have been updated, if anybody requires any changes at all, just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care,, and once again my apologies to those who have already downloaded, also my thanks to those same people for actually downloading them in the first place.Jim Hodkinson
Hey Jim,Any chance you can do a repaint for me? Big%20Grin.gif I hope my request is valid..Actually, I got the request from a Kevin Beck in the UK for a fictional Thomas Cook based on the fictional one I did for the 747-400, but as you now I've been busy on the "production line".Do have some time available to exercise that paint brush of yours???CheersMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi MarkNot a problem (famous last words come to mind here) happy to help, let me get hold of the 747 version to have a look at, and I will see what I can come up with, I do have one or two repaints to get finished, plus to be really honest I am off now to install Aerosoft’s Paris ORLY airport, and have a few flights out of and into there for a few hours, but I should be able to get something together.Jim Hodkinson

Hi again MarkBefore I carry on to far with the Thomas Cook repaint, I thought I had better give you a work in progress shot, just to make sure that she is something along the lines you were expecting, and if you want any changes making, the one thing I have to mention is that the actual colour scheme has as you know the darker blue area of the tail extending into a loop under the tail surfaces, on the MD-11 however there is not a lot of fuselage left under the tail surfaces, but if you want I can try and make a loop underneath but it may end up a little bit of a flattened loop.Anyway, whatever you decide is OK by me, just let me know what if any changes you need and I will get her finished off, but right now I am going to call it a night, or early morning whichever comes first.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Hi again MarkBefore I carry on to far with the Thomas Cook repaint, I thought I had better give you a work in progress shot, just to make sure that she is something along the lines you were expecting, and if you want any changes making, the one thing I have to mention is that the actual colour scheme has as you know the darker blue area of the tail extending into a loop under the tail surfaces, on the MD-11 however there is not a lot of fuselage left under the tail surfaces, but if you want I can try and make a loop underneath but it may end up a little bit of a flattened loop.Anyway, whatever you decide is OK by me, just let me know what if any changes you need and I will get her finished off, but right now I am going to call it a night, or early morning whichever comes first.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson
Hi Jim,Many thanks. It looks great. The titles and the tail are perfect! I see what you mean about the paint area under the horizontal stabilizer. Not too much room there. What you have done makes a lot of sense.One or two possible minor edits and a question:-1. I only have the screenshot to go by right now, but the blue on the belly (I think) needs to be a lighter shade of blue. It's that light turquoise color which appears to be much paler than the fuselage blue.If I check on the 747 TC I did , I used RGB 178:199:203 with all the masks off. Can you check this? This color may not be perfect either, but it may get you closer.2. Is it possible you can move the Union Jack to the other side of the registration so it's on the right (for the port side) ? I know - really picky! Sorry! I checked a few photos to confirm and it seems the UK flag is usually at the end. Usually the end of the flag (towards the rear most part of the fuselage) aligns with the last passenger window in terms of placement. :( 3. I assume you have the TC web titles on the rear fuselage but the snapshot has the wing covering this area. :( If you can look into this, that would be great. I will take it for a test flight when you're done. Actually I haven't flown the MD11 since I got my new Saitek Pro X52 equipment so iI'm curious how the MD will react on takeoff and landing. I'm sure Kevin Beck will really appreciate this and I assume Dylan will too since they are both TC aficionados!! I will drop Kevin an email about the repaint.Cheers,

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Hi Jim.Thanks very much for fixing the repaints. The emirates is perfect, and i can see myself having lots of fun with that one.The VAustralia 95% perfect. I like the red on the tail, looks fab. The V on the logo appears to be the old dark red still though, and should match the tail red. Also the V should be on the belly of the aircraft as visible in the above image.Thanks for your assistance and sorry for been picky,

Hi MarkI must admit that I used the tails light blue colour for the lower fuselage, but it’s not a problem to change it, as for the union flag I only checked a few airbus photographs but if that’s were you want it then that is where it will be, yep the www Thompson titles are just above the windows equally spaced on the registration number, and I don’t think it’s being at all picky at all so don’t worry on that score.I used to fly the MD-11 with the X52 gear without any problems at all so you should be good to go with that set-up, sadly I now only use the X52 for the programmable buttons as I now have the Saitek yoke and the two quadrants to play with, one thing I will add is that I do use a licensed copy of FSUIPC for all my controllers, I don’t have anything running using the standard FSX or FS9 set-upTake care, and back with the updated files and hopefully a download link to them, after a few cups of coffee.Jim Hodkinson

Hi again MarkWell a few cups of coffee later and here we are, I updated the lower fuselage colour to the specification you posted, and reversed to order of the registration and union flag, so if either yourself or the original requester would care to take her for a spin to see if she is what you wanted, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17276044/MD_11_Thomas_Cook_01.zipThe usual as always applies, if you need anything changing, adding or removeing, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim HodkinsonP.S.Sorry Tim I missed your post regarding the V in VAustralia, let me see what I can come up with, and you are not being picky, so don’t worry over that one.Back as soon as I can.

Hi TimThe fuselage logo slipped by me, but I have updated the files to show the new colour for the V in the logo, as for the V on the belly of the aircraft, I should have mentioned it before, but it can not be done as the underside is a mirrored texture, in that there is only one wing upper and lower surface which is then mirrored to achieve the other side, so as the V is not symmetrical it can not be added, if it was symmetrical then no problem I could just put one have of it on the texture and it would automatically appear on the other side, but this limitation along with a none symmetrical shape means it is a no go I afraid.Anyway to what I can update, here is the download link for the updated files..http://www.filefront.com/17276121/MD_11_VAustralia_03.zipTake care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Thanks Jim for the fast reply, no problems, I rarely look at the belly of the plane anyway,thanks again for spending time on all these requests.

Hi again MarkWell a few cups of coffee later and here we are, I updated the lower fuselage colour to the specification you posted, and reversed to order of the registration and union flag, so if either yourself or the original requester would care to take her for a spin to see if she is what you wanted, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront...mas_Cook_01.zipThe usual as always applies, if you need anything changing, adding or removeing, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim HodkinsonP.S.Sorry Tim I missed your post regarding the V in VAustralia, let me see what I can come up with, and you are not being picky, so don’t worry over that one.Back as soon as I can.
Hi Jim,Thanks a lot! Am just downloading the package and I'll start spooling up the engines. Actually, I'm a bit rusty on the MD11. I must have lost my type rating months ago! On my old Logitech joystick I had some nose up problems with the calibration but I'm hoping the X52 wil be much more enjoyable.Let me take her for a test flight and I'll let you know how I get on!Last, it seems cups of coffee work for you when you're painting. I myself listen to Jo Dee Messina country music!! That helps me get the job done I find.Actually, now I'm thinking about it, this seems like a good idea for a new forum thread that Turbine 777 would typically post.... and the title goes something like this............ "What else do you do while painting PMDG aircraft?????" :( I wonder if Dan will spot this post?????CheersMark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Actually, now I'm thinking about it, this seems like a good idea for a new forum thread that Turbine 777 would typically post.... and the title goes something like this............ "What else do you do while painting PMDG aircraft?????" :( I wonder if Dan will spot this post?????CheersMark
Haha, yeah I read every post (sometimes Unfortunately :()That would be a good post, although it might only have 4 of us that find it of interest hehe.I myself try to brake things up as much as I can, but if your the same as me, once I get on one thing that I really need to focus on I get lost in it and sometimes the little hand on the clock seems to do a 180.If things get real hectic I just go downstairs and kick one of my dogs, either that or I'll put my cat on the toilette and flush it,,, anything to get the cob webs out of my eyes and my mind fresh again :((Kidding of course)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi again MarkWell a few cups of coffee later and here we are, I updated the lower fuselage colour to the specification you posted, and reversed to order of the registration and union flag, so if either yourself or the original requester would care to take her for a spin to see if she is what you wanted, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront...mas_Cook_01.zipThe usual as always applies, if you need anything changing, adding or removeing, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim HodkinsonP.S.Sorry Tim I missed your post regarding the V in VAustralia, let me see what I can come up with, and you are not being picky, so don’t worry over that one.Back as soon as I can.
Hi Jim,Took her for the maiden flight and she looks and feels great! Thanks for doing this. I like the nice touch with the thumbnail by the way.One last thing (promise!) before you finalize... can you add nose gear door registrations please?All the best,
Haha, yeah I read every post (sometimes Unfortunately :()That would be a good post, although it might only have 4 of us that find it of interest hehe.I myself try to brake things up as much as I can, but if your the same as me, once I get on one thing that I really need to focus on I get lost in it and sometimes the little hand on the clock seems to do a 180.If things get real hectic I just go downstairs and kick one of my dogs, either that or I'll put my cat on the toilette and flush it,,, anything to get the cob webs out of my eyes and my mind fresh again Big Grin.gif(Kidding of course)
Of course. LOL!

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Hi MarkGlad she’s OK, as for the gear registration, well I will give it a whirl as I have never put a gear registration on the MD-11 before, but there is a first time for everything.Take care, and back as soon as I can.Jim Hodkinson

Hi again MarkI managed a few cups of coffee (I haven’t got a cat) and the update, so if the screen shot is something along the lines you wanted, then here is the download link for the updated files..http://www.filefront.com/17278742/MD_11_Thomas_Cook_02.zipIf not just let me know, and I will give it another go, now I know where the text goes, thanks for that one.Jim Hodkinson

Hi again MarkI managed a few cups of coffee (I haven’t got a cat) and the update, so if the screen shot is something along the lines you wanted, then here is the download link for the updated files..http://www.filefront...mas_Cook_02.zipIf not just let me know, and I will give it another go, now I know where the text goes, thanks for that one.Jim Hodkinson
Hi Jim,Wunderbar!. Glad you found the coffee. Much appreciated.I think we're done on the TC MD11.FYI - I hear Dan's cat is looking for a new home, preferably one that has an environment that's a tad drier than the current one! Big%20Grin.gif LOL.

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge