Sign in to follow this  
hodge001

MD-11 Repaints

Hi DylanI managed to get some time to have a go at the ArkeFly colour scheme, so if you want to take her for a spin to see if she is what you expected, then here is the download link for the files,,http://www.filefront.com/17529074/MD_11_ArkeFly_01.zipAs always, any updates or changes that you may need doing, then don’t hesitate to let me know and I will try my best to assist.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson@ Johnliem I am sorry but I can not be of much help on this one, as I have no idea what the font for the Vietnam colour scheme is, as it is actually a graphic rather than a text block, sorry about that.I will have a look around to see if I can come up with anything, and if I do I will let you know, but sometimes you can get a font that is nearly correct, but it will have say the letter “a” in a slightly different design, which if it happens to be (as it usually is) a letter that you need then it’s of on another search, or hand draw it.Jim Hodkinson

Hi DylanYour welcome, I was happy to help, and thanks for taking the timeout for you gracious comments and for the feedback, both are really appreciated.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

HiI recently did a Avianca FSX repaint for a forum members PM request, but I thought that I may as well post a link for the colour scheme here as well, just in case anyone else would like a copy of it, so if anyone does want to take her for a spin then here is the download link for the files…http://www.filefront.com/17502428/MD_11_Avianca_01.zipAs usual, any problems or updates you may want doing, then just let me know and I will try my best to assist.Anyway that’s about it really, so take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

Could I please request for:ONA - Overseas NationalNational Airlines (- the default one has some errors, same like)Western Airlines (All white Spaceship and Budlite)A huge Thank you in advance.Kind regards.-STEFAN-FISCHER-

Hi StefanLet em have a look around to see what photographs and anthing else that is available, and I will see what I can do.Take care, and have fun.Jim Hodkinson

I think airliners.net should provide good photo's on these Airlines and how the paints looked a like on their DC-10s. I think, ONA had -30CF's while the other two had the -10/-30s pax only.Thank you so much! I have been waiting eagerly to finally fly em on FSX. :)Kind regards.-STEFAN-FISCHER-

Hi StefanI have had a very quick look around, and have found that the three airlines in question had various versions of the company colour scheme, for instance the first request the ONA colour scheme I did find at least four variations on the DC-8’s that they had, and I had similar results for the remaing two requests, so if possible could you either post one shot of each airline, or provide me with a link to a shot, as it would ensure that we are both on the same page about which variants you wanted. Take care, and thanks for any assistance.Jim Hodkinson

For ONA: N1031FFor NA: N83NA with metall, partly metall and all white belly.For Western: The delivery and final livery.I will try to mail some images to??? (I need your e-mail address) tonight or tomorow.Kind regards.-STEFAN-FISCHER-

Hi StefanApologies for the delay, I don’t get as much PC time in as I would like to at present.As for the colour schemes, we are getting there, the ONA scheme should not be a problem as photographs have been found for it, as for the National colour scheme, did you mean white upper and bare metal lower fuselage, as I can not fin any shots of one with the lower fuselage in white, but it could be that I did not look hard enough.Now for the fun bit, the Western colour scheme, now I have found two colour schemes that seem to fit the bill, but as you will kow more about the airline than I do you can tell me if I am correct *which will be a first), the two colour schemes are an early version which is all bare metal with the text Western along the fine and the red and black Western logo along the fuselage side, and for the later version which is a mainly white fuselage with the lower section bare metal, and again the Western logo alonge the fuselage side in red and the text Western on the fin, am I correct or a mile out on this, just let me know.As for my E-Mail address, it should be in my profile I think, not sure as I hardly ever E-Mail myself..Unitl then, take care and back as soon as I can.Jim HodkinsonJust while I am here, I have found that the Avianca repaint has somehow disappeared from the server, so for those that may want a copy, here is a new download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17549985/MD_11_Avianca_01.zipI have no idea why it disappeared, but that’s technology for you.

Hodge001: I know and received a mail of you starting a personal conversation with me. But, unfortunately I can neither open nor access it.Kind regards.-STEFAN-FISCHER-

Hi Jim,I just happened to stumble onto this forum. I have downloaded several of your repaints. They are very nice indeed. I only fly the PMDG md11. [most of the time] on Livewire VA.I know PanAm never flew the MD11, but it is my all time favorite airline. [Clipper, as they were called on the radio] [i am retired from the airlines] Would you be able to do a paint putting the PanAm colors on?Again thanks for the good work,Jerrell Friz

Hi JerrellI was actually going to be doing a PanAm repaint of a certain 707 for myself, so you have got me at least motivated enough to have a look around at some photographs, now you did not really say which version of the PanAm scheme you were after, if indeed you have any preferences as to which one, so I went for the first run through with the overall white fuselage, with the large PANAM fuselage logo, so if you want to take this version for a spin, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront.com/17613743/MD_11_PANAM_01.zipThe one thing that I think could do with changing is the tail, as I think a better layout would be to move the registration to the fuselage, and increasing the size of the PANAM globe logo to cover more of the fin area, but it is your aircraft and so your decision, just let me know, also let me know if you have any preference for the actual registration number for her.Take care, and looking forward to your reply.Jim Hodkinson

Hi JerrellI was actually going to be doing a PanAm repaint of a certain 707 for myself, so you have got me at least motivated enough to have a look around at some photographs, now you did not really say which version of the PanAm scheme you were after, if indeed you have any preferences as to which one, so I went for the first run through with the overall white fuselage, with the large PANAM fuselage logo, so if you want to take this version for a spin, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront...11_PANAM_01.zipThe one thing that I think could do with changing is the tail, as I think a better layout would be to move the registration to the fuselage, and increasing the size of the PANAM globe logo to cover more of the fin area, but it is your aircraft and so your decision, just let me know, also let me know if you have any preference for the actual registration number for her.Take care, and looking forward to your reply.Jim Hodkinson
Hi Jim,Wow, your are fast. Thanks for the repaint! For right now this one should be fine.Thanks againJerrell Friz

Hi JerrellI was actually going to be doing a PanAm repaint of a certain 707 for myself, so you have got me at least motivated enough to have a look around at some photographs, now you did not really say which version of the PanAm scheme you were after, if indeed you have any preferences as to which one, so I went for the first run through with the overall white fuselage, with the large PANAM fuselage logo, so if you want to take this version for a spin, then here is the download link for the files..http://www.filefront...11_PANAM_01.zipThe one thing that I think could do with changing is the tail, as I think a better layout would be to move the registration to the fuselage, and increasing the size of the PANAM globe logo to cover more of the fin area, but it is your aircraft and so your decision, just let me know, also let me know if you have any preference for the actual registration number for her.Take care, and looking forward to your reply.Jim Hodkinson
Hi Jim,I was wondering if you could do a repaint in PanAm colors on the 747, either the 400, or the 8i, I have both ? I am flying your MD11 right now on the Livewire VA server. Anchorage to Atlanta.. I'll try to post a shot. I have never posted a screenshot on here.Jerrell Friz