Sign in to follow this  
Guest An225

Ground environment pro or night environment textures?

Guest An225

Can anyone please tell me, are the night texture on GEpro better than Night environment pro textures?Should i forget about night environment?

The newest night environment (2010) is leaps and bounds better than the GE pro night textures in my opinion and does a much better job of convincing my brain that I'm flying over a city at night. I didn't like the older version of night environment, but this one is a completely different experience. GE pro clashes pretty bad with UT during both the day and night and the scale seems off at night. Night environment on the other hand goes perfectly with UT, to the point where I turn on residential roads and lights if I'm flying at night, which I never did with GE pro night (or day) textures because of the ugly clash.So yeah, my verdict is GE pro + night environment 2010 = an awesome combo.

Today I came across this problem as well. I have been using GEP for about two years, worked quite well I'd say, didn't have any problems. But due to the clashes on my PC had to re-install the current operating system, Windows 7 64-Bit version, but I receive the same sort of error as I click on GEP icon on my desktop. I am on it, I will let you guys know if I get any solution for that. 

The newest night environment (2010) is leaps and bounds better than the GE pro night textures in my opinion and does a much better job of convincing my brain that I'm flying over a city at night. I didn't like the older version of night environment, but this one is a completely different experience. GE pro clashes pretty bad with UT during both the day and night and the scale seems off at night. Night environment on the other hand goes perfectly with UT, to the point where I turn on residential roads and lights if I'm flying at night, which I never did with GE pro night (or day) textures because of the ugly clash.So yeah, my verdict is GE pro + night environment 2010 = an awesome combo.

This is what I love about an open question that was posed: "Which is better?".  It's purely subjective.  For example, I disagree completely with the statements above.  I found the Night Environment lights to be "too orange" for me while the GE Pro textures could be tuned to whatever shade I liked - my "favorite" is more a whitish hue.  I also feel GE Pro goes hand in hand with UT in both the US and Europe.  That includes both day and night flying.  I use major road lights at night always and have recently turned on residential road lights.  I like them and are a good addition to the GE Pro night textures.  Well, as you can guess ...... my verdict is GE Pro with UT all the way.

gwillmot

P.S. - I've tried almost ALL night texture addons until I settled on this combo.  See, the answer to your question is entirely subjective ...... except my choice is more "right" than Vod's ..... :P

Could not disagree with Willmot more. I've done a ton of night time flying (real) and GEPro is not a very good representation of real world. Having said that, neither is any of the other 3rd party offerings. Trust me, I've tried them all. Quite frankly, the closest offering I have found is the default Fs9 night textures as it relates to color at altitude. Especially as you approach a large city from say 50 miles or greater.

What I have done is manufacturer my own and I'm extremely happy with them in conjunction with UT's 3D lamps.

Best night environment for me is Fs9evo night lights coupled with UT. You can check Evo thread, I've posted a video over there.

Best night environment for me is Fs9evo night lights coupled with UT. You can check Evo thread, I've posted a video over there.

Now THAT I'll agree with!  The EVO night lighting was spectacular.  Unfortunately, I didn't like any of the daytime textures so I had to remove from my system.

gwillmot