Sign in to follow this  
Guest acv

Message deleted

Guest acv

why my message about the lottery to win a plane it was erased?for forum "Hangar Chat" I read : "This forum is for the discussion of real world aviation topics and any other topics not covered in other forums. Please make sure that your topic isn't covered in another forum before posting here."I felt that I could put it here ?this is not a commercial advertisement ... it is just a flying club (non-commercial) that organizes a lottery ... and I thought it might interest many virtual pilots ...win a plane for 19 € ... we do not see this every day ...Patrice

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/foreign_lottery_ban.phpOne reason could be that lotteries are regulated by law in most countries. For examlpe, it is a criminal offence in the UK to run a lottery unless either you have a lottery operating licence or the lottery is exempt from the licensing requirement because it is a private lottery (e.g. a workplace lottery), a customer lottery, an incidental non-commercial lottery or a small society lottery and in each case the exempt lottery fulfils certain conditions set out in the Gambling Act. Small society lotteries (that is, lotteries below certain financial thresholds which are operated by non-commercial societies) still need to be registered with the local licensing authority. I understand that in the USA there atre Federal and State laws governing lotteries. I've seen it argued that it is illegal for US citizens to enter foreigh lotterieshttp://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/foreign_lottery_ban.phpAnotrher reason could be because it was your first or second post, it may have been thought that your reason for joining was just to promote this lottery. A further reason is that it might be a scam.

Guest acv

I understand what you mean ... But this lottery is organized within the law (French), it is declared by the Prefecture (French authority granted), the ticket prices is not free and the draw will be done in the presence of a bailiff.In fact this is my first post under this nick because I am enrolled at Avsim long (so I thought to put the ad here) but I created a new account just do not mix ... .if it was a scam, I will not link to the official website of the flying club (club that has existed for over 30 years ...) I just thought it might interest many simmers and the more it helps my flying club ...I am also ready to give any official document to the moderators ...Patrice

While it appears innocent on the surface this is a solicitation of such, and there are other such raffles going around the world. If this one was allowed, then others should be allowed, and then how about charities etc.The mods conferred and while this was not like the many spam messages we have to remove every day, we felt that it was not entirely appropriate for avsim. We also have no way to verify if this is legit or not.Hope you understand the reasoning.

Guest acv
While it appears innocent on the surface this is a solicitation of such, and there are other such raffles going around the world. If this one was allowed, then others should be allowed, and then how about charities etc.
they are not related to aviation <_<But I totally understand your reasoning and I apologize for the inconvenience ...Patrice

they are not related to aviation dry.gifBut I totally understand your reasoning and I apologize for the inconvenience ...Patrice
Actually-there are many auctions of aircraft like this going on in all parts of the world. If we include one we would have to include all of them and that really is not the purpose of this board.