Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Finally Made it to Landing, BUT...

After resetting my FS9.cfg I again tried my Omaha-St Louis TWA flight. Everything went very well up until I was 19 miles from the end of runway 12L. Then I got the freeze treatment. I let it sit and after about 3-5 minutes and 3 or 4 frames it came out of it and there I was at 2,000 ft and 15 miles from the runway. Climbed up to 2,500 ft and the rest of the landing was normal. For those 3 miles and 3 minutes it was really wierd. My fps meter was stuck at 24.5 but the sound kept running. I actually got a GPWS warning of Terrain! Now, this was with the FFX MD82 TWA and a FS2002 panel. I'm going to try the same flight with the default 737 and see if I get the same problem tomorrow.Any ideas? Autogen was off, Sliders at default. Shadows off. FPS locked at 26. All of the rest of the flight my fps was running in the low 20s.......Video Card?

Hi Steve.Sorry I can't help you with your problem, but where is the FS9.cfg located? I did a file search & it didn't show up. I would have thought it was in the FS2004 main folder. All the other cfg are there - FS2000, Fs2002, Scenery, Display, Device, but no FS9.Thanks,Jim

Depends on whether you're using WinXP or Win98/ME. I have Win98Se so my FS9.cfg is located in the Windows/Applications/Microsoft/FS9 (I think -- I'm at work) folder. It's not where you normally would find it.