Sign in to follow this  
ega

Aerosoft?

Is it a dub-over of the Office-USA or did they come out with one of their own? My all time favorite is still the Office UK... combine that with Bottom and League of Gentlemen and you have a weekend of laughs.
My weekend would be The Office, Alan Partridge and Dad's Army. Ian

My weekend would be The Office, Alan Partridge and Dad's Army. Ian
Lets not forget Black Adder :( Steve

6:37 PM EDT and the server's still offline :( I wounder what the high temp there was today :( maybe the heat and the AC got to the server's (over heat + surge) <_<Well this is sort of like when REX was hours from release and the mass page refreshing crashed the server for a while.

Guest 413X3
Hi David, I was thinking the same thing and then Ernie Alston's ISG1 package of avionics including FMS complete with NAVDATA updates came to mind.For 25 Euro you will receive 9 displays and 3 different FMC's, not a bad deal IMO.
You are right but there always is some small issue that nags at me and I end up not liking it. I fly 100% from the VC and most times you have to add a new button set to a 2d panel and you can't replace the fmc in the vc with Ernie's.

It's a shame Aerosoft handled the problem with the Airbus X this way...they should have kept the forums open and policed the results (removed any derogatory comments). :( I think Matijs (project director) will need a loooooong vacation, hopefully he will take a Boeing to his destination. :( :( Darryl

It's funny. I was planning on buying this add on but I have not been religiously tracking its progress. Although I am sure I read it at some point, I did realize that is was going to be released this week.Had it been released yesterday as planned, I would have read the press release and said "Mmm, I'll have to put that on my list." Now that there is all this controversy, I can't wait to buy it. :( Two AVSIM threads on the subject getting attention... Maybe this delay will benefit Aerosoft? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that there is a conspiracy. I am saying that the negative posts may help to drive sales. In politics, we refer to this as the "echo chamber".

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

It's funny. I was planning on buying this add on but I have not been religiously tracking its progress. Although I am sure I read it at some point, I did realize that is was going to be released this week.Had it been released yesterday as planned, I would have read the press release and said "Mmm, I'll have to put that on my list." Now that there is all this controversy, I can't wait to buy it. :( Two AVSIM threads on the subject getting attention... Maybe this delay will benefit Aerosoft? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that there is a conspiracy. I am saying that the negative posts may help to drive sales. In politics, we refer to this as the "echo chamber".
The echo chamber is making you wanna buy a fsx addon ..  :(

It's the Airbus curse!Really there must be some hidden stuff in the sim against Airbus....lolol... afterall the product comes from US! :PIts difficult for everyone to make complex heavy modern aircraft... as in the PMDG forum was said..only an handfull of ppl can actually do this kind of work in the whole world... and Aerosoft are still making their first steps in the field...so perfectly normal that problems show up.The forum beeing offline tho looks kinna rude to me...(it seems a very nice coincidence more than an unsolvable problem, afterall there are backups for these situations)... Other thing that upsets me is that after normal labor hours all them go home... if it was in my company (and i do work in software) we would be doing hard time at night to get it out... no matter what... sometimes some sacrifice is needed and it seems to me that none is beeing made... maybe its because its Germany and ppl are very rigid with labor hours... but nevertheless... its my point of view...of course noone is obligated to stay at work and dont go home to wife and children...but the image of the company doesnt win much with all that has happened and kinna remembers another company we all know.Lets wait...Aerosoft is a big company... sooner or later it will be out.Regards

The echo chamber is making you wanna buy a fsx addon ..  :(
Nah, I was going to buy it anyway unless there was something really wrong with it.It is about publicity. Every thread, every post across the FS world is extra publicity. Even though some posts are negative, at their worst they are saying that Aerosoft took extra time to fix a bug. Not bad publicity IMHO. It may be annoying now but in the end I believe it will benefit Aerosoft. All will be forgotten if they release a quality product. BTW, does anyone know if the VC is a separate .mdl? Since they are only doing the A320 and A321, it could be nice to merge the VC with the PA A318 and A319.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Other thing that upsets me is that after normal labor hours all them go home... if it was in my company (and i do work in software) we would be doing hard time at night to get it out... no matter what... sometimes some sacrifice is needed and it seems to me that none is beeing made... maybe its because its Germany and ppl are very rigid with labor hours... but nevertheless... its my point of view...of course noone is obligated to stay at work and dont go home to wife and children...but the image of the company doesnt win much with all that has happened and kinna remembers another company we all know.Lets wait...Aerosoft is a big company... sooner or later it will be out.Regards
Testing did go on, just finished a circuit of starts and landing, and filed a report.. So what you're saying isn't correct. Same with the "German" aspect of your comment; devs and testers come from various parts of Europe and USA. Easy to comment behind a computer, without any knowledge what so ever... Believe me no one wants this bus to be out there more then Aerosoft does, just not at all cost.

It's a shame Aerosoft handled the problem with the Airbus X this way...they should have kept the forums open and policed the results (removed any derogatory comments). :(
The forum beeing offline tho looks kinna rude to me...(it seems a very nice coincidence more than an unsolvable problem, afterall there are backups for these situations)...
You guys don't SERIOUSLY think Aerosoft took the forums offline just because of the delayed Airbus, do you...?!? :( If the Airbus was their only product, you might (just might) think that was true, but they'v got a LOT of products and a LOT of subforums and having them online isn't fun for a company like Aerosoft.

Their forums seem to be back online now anyway. Hopefully they can release it sometime this week, fingers crossed.Matt

I think a short message from Aerosoft about the status of the project would be great.Patric

I think a short message from Aerosoft about the status of the project would be great.
Look at their main web page ...

I think a short message from Aerosoft about the status of the project would be great.
Aerosofts forum or server or whatever has quit the last night.It has come back just the last minutes.Do you really think, they don't have other problems right now at these minutes?And as you followed the Aerosoft status reports the last month' and days, don't you think they will tell us whats happend and what will be happen as soon as possible? As soon as they can say some sort of reliable facts...Man, this is just a game...relax!I can feel how hard it is to wait for a release, but to be impatient and nagging all te time won't help anybody.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------