Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PaulyC

"Keep a copy of fsx CFG" ,Update " Show Hidden Folders"

Yesterday I posted "Keep a copy of fsx CFG file it may help if FSX crashes", I explained how to find "fsx CFG", I am sorry, but forgot to mention that you must first enable "Show Hidden Folders", to access the "AppData" folder, do this you must type in the Start menu - Search Programs & Files "Folder Options" & select "view" & check the box "show Hidden Folders" & select "Apply", now you will be able to see the "AppData" folder.

Yesterday I posted "Keep a copy of fsx CFG file it may help if FSX crashes", I explained how to find "fsx CFG", I am sorry, but forgot to mention that you must first enable "Show Hidden Folders", to access the "AppData" folder, do this you must type in the Start menu - Search Programs & Files "Folder Options" & select "view" & check the box "show Hidden Folders" & select "Apply", now you will be able to see the "AppData" folder.
You probably overlooked mentioning that you can remove the "hidden" attribute from folder and/or files by Right clicking on either and selecting properties.Many experienced simmers do that and also create a shortcut of their desktops to such cfg files if they plan on visiting them regularly.