Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Are you interested in DC-3 s? Read on.......

Hi Folks,Over the many happy years I've been associated with aviation, one airplane continues to stand out as one of my favorites. Needless to say, that's the DC-3. I've collected various books and some flight sim addons to feed my interest.We in the sim community are very lucky to have some excellant web sites catering to the DC-3/C47. My thanks goes out to all of them for providing me (and others) with lots of good information, stories and photos.One of the most comprehensive and informative DC-3 sites is The DC-3 Hangar (by Trev Morson) http://www.douglasdc3.com/You can find lots of technical info as well as interesting stories and pictures. Take a look at the index and you'll see you can spend many interesting hours checking out the site.Have fun,Howard

Guest tgabriel

Another tip if you want to fly in association with a DC-3 oriented virtual airline is http://www.dc3airways.com/.First of all, I am not a member of this fine group because the flying I do is not compatible right now with what they do (I am not a VA type flier).This group has its own paint for the DC-3 and terminals for many airports around the world.I visit their site occasionally and it is a very good group of people. They have group flyins on VATSIM and offer a lot in the way of variety while flying DC-3s.Also, you can visit my web site by clicking on the link in my signature. Right now I am in the process of flying around the perimeter of the North American continent in DC-3s only. It has been quite an adventure so far and there is more to come. Just choose the flight groups and then the legs you want to see images of. So far I have flown in legs from San Diego up around Alaska, across the top of Canada, and down to Kuujjuaq, Quebec. Tonight I will fly from Kuujjuaq to Gander and then later on down the east coast of the US, across the Gulf Coast and down the east coasts of Mexico and Central America, crossing at the Panama Canal, and up the west coast back to San Diego. All in the various paints available for the DC-3!

Hi Tom,Actually, I'm repaying Trev (by posting) for the many times I've enjoyed visiting his site - no joke!After visiting his site recently I sent him a message thanking him for it etc. Then I asked if he'd mind if I posted a message at Avsim (my home port by the way), so I could share with other fs folks who might be interested in DC-3s. BTW, the forum feels like it's turbo charged now. Thanks.Howard

IRISH? He's a Liverpudlian ... isn't he?Where are ya, Trev?Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontAircraft Design Coordinator, DC-3 Airwayswww.dc3airways.comwww.swiremariners.com/dc3.htmlP.S. Yes, good job on the repair, Tom. This forum is singing now, whereas for some weeks it's been like trying to open a tin can with a feather.http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

>Dont Answer...Tom will lock the thread!:-roll