Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Do you use both or one version of Flight Simulator?

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use FSX and FS9 or just FSX exclusively

• FSX/FS9
    • FSX Only

Guest simmer9304

The votes currently stand at 51 in the FSX forum and 41 in the FS9 forum, a maximum of 91 people have voted (I voted twice so I'm subtracting myself). This still isn't enough of a sample but the trend I predicted has pretty much occurred. In the FS9 forum people mainly use FS9 and in the FSX forum people mainly use FSX.Those of us (like me) who use both probably don't spend much time in any one forum since their interests are split between both. (They're also the ones who aren't online because they're too busy flying :( )

In the FS9 forum people mainly use FS9 and in the FSX forum people mainly use FSX.
What shocking results! lol.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

The votes currently stand at 51 in the FSX forum and 41 in the FS9 forum, a maximum of 91 people have voted (I voted twice so I'm subtracting myself). This still isn't enough of a sample but the trend I predicted has pretty much occurred. In the FS9 forum people mainly use FS9 and in the FSX forum people mainly use FSX.Those of us (like me) who use both probably don't spend much time in any one forum since their interests are split between both. (They're also the ones who aren't online because they're too busy flying  :(  )
Make that 90 then as I voted twice (as I alluded to above).

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

I agree with the question, it is about buying add-ons that sparked these particular polls. Still, the poll results will not be accurate either way. With 2 separate polls in 2 different forums, people can vote twice, especially those of us who use both FS9 and FSX. Now if this poll was done in just one place, then yes, we would have a better view of who would actually buy or who actually uses both sims.
That is basically what I am getting at.As far as the sample size, we need to know the total number we are dealing with to determine the margin of error. That number would be impossible to know unless we had one poll for everyone or we let it run for a while to capture as many votes as possible.I really do think this is a worthwhile poll but I think it need to be redone to capture every one's opinion. Even better - if someone put something online and linked it to AVSIM, FS.com and Simviation. I bet developers would pay for this type of information (maybe not FS developers but developers in the non-FS world).

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

That is basically what I am getting at.As far as the sample size, we need to know the total number we are dealing with to determine the margin of error. That number would be impossible to know unless we had one poll for everyone or we let it run for a while to capture as many votes as possible.I really do think this is a worthwhile poll but I think it need to be redone to capture every one's opinion. Even better - if someone put something online and linked it to AVSIM, FS.com and Simviation. I bet developers would pay for this type of information (maybe not FS developers but developers in the non-FS world).
I think the best way to do this, is to have one poll in the Poll forum section with a choices for FSX only, FS9 Only, or FS9 and FSX. Then have a pinned post in both the FS9 and FSX forums pointing to it. It also should run for a reasonable period of time, to get a good sampling!, The problem with the way it is now is the FSX and FS9 option. A user can vote in 1 or both polls, which will skew the results.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Just wondering how many people use both Flight Simulator versions these days or just one.
There are addons wich are available to both at the buying time like Feelthere planes by ex. This WILL influence my decision to buy. Usually I fly long hauls in FS9 and more bush/VFR in FSX.Complex airport sceneries may be run with a three screen system and the heavies are not so different in FS9. IYP or FS2Crew and RadarContact make the airliners flying enjoyable. For FSX I have to use Wideview to get the screens. With FSX specific stuff as REX, FTX of course the visuals are incredibles.I may fire up X-plane from time to time...RV

FSX only. One thing is for certain any body entering this hobby for the first time would all most certainly look to FSX first, and indeed Microsoft recently had to restart their production of FSX install disks. Thats pretty good for something that Microsoft had clearly abonded as far as future development goes. Clearly despite the dislike of some FS9 users the popularity of FSX is growing and I expect that to continue despite the recent anouncement of Microsoft Flight. In fact many users I believe will continue to keep FSX on their sytems long after Flight has been released to due the fact FSX with the additions of certain addons such as FTX and other enhancments frankly leaves FS9 trailing in the dust.Soon with the relase of Flight FS9 will be relegated to role of a museum piece which developers will increasingly abandon, but not so with FSX which ORBX have stated they will continue to release products for.Bryan.

Should we have one poll in the 'Hanger Chat' forum since the results are still inconclusive?Based on what I'm seeing in these two polls I have to amend my numbers:FS9 only - 40%FSX only - 40%FSX/FS9 - 20%Now the question is how big is the buying base between FS9 and FSX since people are either stuck on one or the other solely. It seems few are giving the apposing sim a chance in the slightest since. :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Soon with the relase of Flight FS9 will be relegated to role of a museum piece
Don't forget best museums are populated by crowds of people.

Should we have one poll in the 'Hanger Chat' forum since the results are still inconclusive?Based on what I'm seeing in these two polls I have to amend my numbers:FS9 only - 40%FSX only - 40%FSX/FS9 - 20%Now the question is how big is the buying base between FS9 and FSX since people are either stuck on one or the other solely. It seems few are giving the apposing sim a chance in the slightest since. :(
It isn't really fair to translate those numbers to percentages though, even if the same number of people took them. They are two different polls in two different places. In order to apply percentages to it, you'd have to have just a single poll. And as you said, you would really have to ask a question regarding purchasing addons for the sim to get the answer you are looking for.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

I'm FSX only.It would be nice if the polls in both forums were linked somehow. The results would be interesting.FSX OnlyFS9 OnlyI split my time between FSX and FS9I use both, but FSX mostlyI use both, but FS9 mostly
Agreed, how bout a huge post in the Hangar Chat forum?Anyway I voted FSX only. I installed FS9 about 1 year ago to test some things, and fly my beloved Dreamfleet C310, but I ended up deleting it a few months ago. Now I can wait for Milviz's C310!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Agreed, how bout a huge post in the Hangar Chat forum?Anyway I voted FSX only. I installed FS9 about 1 year ago to test some things, and fly my beloved Dreamfleet C310, but I ended up deleting it a few months ago. Now I can wait for Milviz's C310!
O.K. I'll do it...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

O.K. I'll do it...
Just make sure there is a link to the hangar chat poll in each of the forums. I'm am sure someone will make it a sticky.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad