Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Do you use FSX and FS9?

223 members have voted

1. 1. How many use both FSX and FS9

• FS9
    • FS9/FSX

Just wondering how many dual users we have.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm a "dual flyer" and I am happy to be one of them. Using both FSX and FS9 gives me the best of both worlds.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I would really like to enjoy FSX, but as I fly heavies and my specs are not high enough I much prefer to stay with FS9. In the near future with a good rig I may consider a transition, but not until frames are acceptable with add-ons installed.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Don't own FSX; don't plan to buy it anytime soon. FS9 meets all my non-combat flight simming needs, and still has the "wow" factor on many occasions.

John G.

I dont own FSX and have no intentions on buying it, ESPECIALLY now that the new MSF has been announced. FS9 Does it for, No need to reinvest in all the add-ons that make MSFS what it is.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

What the last two people said!gwillmot

I have both installed, had a lot of fun with X missions and since then haven't touched it for a year. So I guess I'd fall into the FS9 only group?

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I installed FSX the day after it was released here in Sweden. Two days after it was uninstalled and trashed. And I have never looked back. :( :Big Grin:FS9 all the way. :(

Staffan

As I said in the similar thread in the FSX forum, the results of these polls could be skewed as some of us will have the ability to vote twice as we enjoy both FSes. 
Then why not answer the question correctly in both polls and say your a dual user?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Then why not answer the question correctly in both polls and say your a dual user?
Why have the poll in the first place? I thought we were way past this-unless Walter(Water Mango) is in charge now?

Guest Aviator999

I have FSX installed and it runs OK but I rarely use it. I don't know why, but its not entirely due to performance, something with the look of it just isn't quite right, at least default. For me it is still FS9 80% of my flights. The FSX flights are usually GA over photo scenery or ORBX sceneries when Im in that mood. FS9 flights are mostly airliners although I do have and use a lot GA in FS9 still. You could say I am a dual user skewed toward FS9.Regards, Carlos

Hi,You should add this poll to the FSX forum too. I never look to the FSX forum, but there are probably "only FSX forum" visitors that are occasionally using FS9. Is there some control on double or more entries from the same ISP?Hugo