Sign in to follow this  
PingPong

What planes have 3d guages

Hey guys I have a question for youI am doing my instrument training now and it's very important to me when I sim that I have 3d guages. Currently I am flying in a C172 160 Hp in real life, and I was using the Carenado version on my home-sim to supplement my training. The guages are flat 2d; what was most bothersome to me was that you can't adjust the height of the artificial horizon on the attitude indicator.I switched over the the realair scout and voila! Adjustible horizon and so much better guage response. I am currently using the scout to simulate my training at home.I was just wondering what other planes have 3d guages. So far I know of:RealAir planesBN islanderAerososft CatalinaClassics Hangar Focke-Wulfe, Anthony Lynch's SierraNow that I have switched over to 3d I don't think I can go back to 2d guages.Thanks.

Hey guys I have a question for youI am doing my instrument training now and it's very important to me when I sim that I have 3d guages. Currently I am flying in a C172 160 Hp in real life, and I was using the Carenado version on my home-sim to supplement my training. The guages are flat 2d; what was most bothersome to me was that you can't adjust the height of the artificial horizon on the attitude indicator.I switched over the the realair scout and voila! Adjustible horizon and so much better guage response. I am currently using the scout to simulate my training at home.I was just wondering what other planes have 3d guages. So far I know of:RealAir planesBN islanderAerososft CatalinaClassics Hangar Focke-Wulfe, Anthony Lynch's SierraNow that I have switched over to 3d I don't think I can go back to 2d guages.Thanks.
The alternative would be to install Reality-XP gauges in your 172. They are everybit as smooth and accurate as most 3d gauges and better than some.. That way you can flyyour favorite plane and have the best avionics :( Below the FSX 172 and the Flight1 models.And yes, you can adjust the speed bands on the airspeed indicator tomatch your aircraft..

Bert

I think you can add :A2A Accusim packagesLSH MaddogSimCheck A300Sibwing Labs [both Safir and Birdog] to the list of planes with 3D gauges...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

"I was using the Carenado version on my home-sim to supplement my training."Here the Carenado 172 +RXP FLT gauges, with the attitude indicator adjusted up / down .

Bert

Can someone xplain what 3d gauges are and how they look like? What's the difference and why do you want/need them? In the screenshots provided by Bert, I see just the difference of the attitude indicator. The "up" version, why did you do that? That's like reality? If you're on the ground and the plane is even, shouldn't it display 0 degrees attitude ??

Can someone xplain what 3d gauges are and how they look like? What's the difference and why do you want/need them? In the screenshots provided by Bert, I see just the difference of the attitude indicator. The "up" version, why did you do that? That's like reality? If you're on the ground and the plane is even, shouldn't it display 0 degrees attitude ??
3D gauges are where the gauges are actually modelled in 3d polygons(the indicator needles are 3d), as opposed to just being 2d pictures stuck on the dashboard of the virtual cockpit, you will see the difference if you get close to them(easy if you have trackIR or EZ dok).reality XP guages are not 3d, they are 2d BUT they are much more detailed and precise than regular 2d guages.I was interested in moving the artificial horizon because in the Carenado 172 the bar is not perfectly even with the horizon when the plane is straight and level(and cannot be adjusted). In my IFR training/simming I require alot of precision in the the artificial horizon. Bert was simply demonstrating how the bar can be moved with RXP guages even though they are not true 3d guages.This link will take you to a picture of what 3d gauges look like up close:http://www.classics-...a5/VC_A5_06.jpghope that clears it up.

The Lotus L-39 and Aerosoft Twotter also have their gauges built into the models !!!G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Wow...that's nice! I think that's the best I've seen:)
That plane, is the FW-190 Late variants by classics hangar, it is highly recommended, absolutely beautiful, the cockpit at night has phosphorescent paint, it looks like you are flying an Indiglo watch. :(

MS began using this technique back in CFS2 if interested in the history. The technique is used well in analogue gauges but does not lend itself well to modern "glass avionics".:Nerd:Dig out your old CFS2 to see it in action.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png