Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

What I want to know

Will FSX aircraft be importable to Flight? Or will it be so completely a completely different system?

Will FSX aircraft be importable to Flight? Or will it be so completely a completely different system?
I dont think anyone really knows .. but my guess is that "flight" will not be backward integrated.

.. but my guess is that "flight" will not be backward integrated.
My guess is that anything from X will work, at least for terrain and scenery. There isn't much to change or improve, other than performance.Planes? That's a totally different ball game.

My guess is that anything from X will work, at least for terrain and scenery. There isn't much to change or improve, other than performance.Planes? That's a totally different ball game.
Like I said .. I don't think anyone really knows at this point.....

I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt any add-ons from FSX would work in Flight. It's a new simulator being built from the ground up. It would also be a good thing if there was no backwards compatibility. The codes and techniques that FS9/FSX used are outdated. Starting fresh will allow them to make major steps forward. Sorry is this is a disappointment, but it's the truth.:(

Brandon Filer

What most remember is Phil Taylors "Taximony" thread where he hinted that FSX/SP2/DX10 Compatible products would likely be FS Next Compatible.Of course Phil moved on and MS is not bound by his statements but it does provide 'food for thought."

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

...It's a new simulator being built from the ground up.
It's all speculation, but... I highly doubt the budget is set for a "from scratch" development project. Nor do I feel (noticed no use of "know") that their is the manpower to go in and start from scratch.I don't speak from the plane side, only my experience in scenery work. What are they going to develop that is better than what they have? The underpinnings of the FSX scenery engine is well-built, just poorly tuned. The process of displaying textures or vector data or mesh isn't complicated. Why reinvent the wheel, when all the tire needs is a little more air in it?

No one knows!Why post questions like this...?IT AIN'T OUT!IT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET!IT PROBABLY WON'T BE FOR CENTURIES...I Know nothing about the new sim(except its a new sim) I have no views or thoughts about it.Until more info is forthcoming,or the blinking thing is released.I will keep gob shut and thoughts to myself.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

No one knows!Why post questions like this...?IT AIN'T OUT!IT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED YET!IT PROBABLY WON'T BE FOR CENTURIES...I Know nothing about the new sim(except its a new sim) I have no views or thoughts about it.Until more info is forthcoming,or the blinking thing is released.I will keep gob shut and thoughts to myself.Andy
you are so funny .. you violated your promise to kept you thoughts to yourself with the contents of your note :(

We don't know and those who do know are under NDA. We don't know if this is FSNext, if Microsoft is using a game engine based on another product, if they started from scratch or if they are just going to slap some lipstick on FSX. We know absolutely nothing and speculation is about as useful as t!ts on a bull. What IS useful is finding out who at Microsoft will be the liaison with the FS Community so that they can understand the frustrations of FSX and the mistakes hopefully will not be repeated in Flight. The worse that could happen is that Flight ends up just like FSX and half of the community refuses to move to it. Then we'll have 50% on FS9, 25% FSX, and 25% on Flight which would destroy the community.I hope that this time they actually LEARN from past mistakes and don't release another simulation that take 4 years for technology to catch up with it just in time for the release of the NEXT simulation. By the time that Flight is released there will be a LARGE segment of the community who will never have adopted FSX so if Flight is like FSX we might as well all start forgetting about learning to program a FMC in a B747-400 and start learning how to level up a Warlock to level 80 in World of Warcraft.

you are so funny .. you violated your promise to kept you thoughts to yourself with the contents of your note :(
Not really.I have acknowledged that a new sim is in the offing(that is fact)But I will not speculate as to what it is about or how it will or won't perform etc. etc. and mucho etc. HA!smile.gif

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

By the time that Flight is released there will be a LARGE segment of the community who will never have adopted FSX so if Flight is like FSX we might as well all start forgetting about learning to program a FMC in a B747-400 and start learning how to level up a Warlock to level 80 in World of Warcraft.
As far as I know there are no FMC's in FSX :) Aren't any in FS9 or FS8 either.I hope MS doesn't use resources developing gauges like FMC's - 3PD’s can do it 10x better.

As far as I know there are no FMC's in FSX :) Aren't any in FS9 or FS8 either.I hope MS doesn't use resources developing gauges like FMC's - 3PD’s can do it 10x better.
please tell that you dont really believe that MS cant make a FMC's as good as any we see today.

please tell that you dont really believe that MS cant make a FMC's as good as any we see today.
:) I don’t mean to say they don’t have the talent and skill, because they do have...But for me I just don’t think it is money well spent.Considering MS’s higher development costs, their licensing restrictions, and their primary audience I don’t think it’s likely they’ll rival a good third party FMC. So I’d like to see that money invested in systems add-ons can’t reach.I do appreciate having the default GPS in FSX, but honestly I still prefer to use RXP.Saying 10x better is a bit of hyperbole, I just mean 'better'.But I think my point of view is sort of extreme too.I’d like to see MS tackle much less and focus on the core platform…not many would agree with that :)- especially if you use the default GPS and what-not :)

:) I don’t mean to say they don’t have the talent and skill, because they do have...But for me I just don’t think it is money well spent.Considering MS’s higher development costs, their licensing restrictions, and their primary audience I don’t think it’s likely they’ll rival a good third party FMC. So I’d like to see that money invested in systems add-ons can’t reach.I do appreciate having the default GPS in FSX, but honestly I still prefer to use RXP.Saying 10x better is a bit of hyperbole, I just mean 'better'.But I think my point of view is sort of extreme too.I’d like to see MS tackle much less and focus on the core platform…not many would agree with that :)- especially if you use the default GPS and what-not :)
ic and understand your point . thanks for clarifying.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.